Brooklyn's Hidden Talent

"Hey Uncle Javi! Hey Uncle Kev!" Brooklyn said as she came into the precinct holding a guitar case with two girls walking behind her. One of the girls was a blonde and holding a guitar as well, another was a redhead, who was holding a ukulele case.

"Hey Brooke! Why do you have your guitar with you? And are these your friends?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah, Uncle Kev, Uncle Javi, this is Rose and Bailey, and they forced me into performing in the school talent show. Mind if we practice here?" Brooklyn said.

Rose was the redhead with the ukulele and Bailey was the blonde, they were obviously a bit shy on coming to a police station.

"Sure, just do it in the interview room and close the door, it might not be a good idea to play out here."

"You haven't played it in so long!" Esposito said.

"Says who?" Brooklyn smirked mysteriously and was about to enter the interview room.

"HEY! GET OFF OF ME!" yelled a voice from the elevator.

"Not a chance Parker," said Kate as she handed the suspect in handcuffs over to L.T., who took the man into the interrogation room.

"MOM! DAD!"

Kate and Castle saw their daughter and immediately smiled and went over to the bullpen.

"Hey girls, why do you have your guitars and ukulele with you?" Kate asked.

"Bailey and Rose forced me into performing in the school talent show with them and they also forced me to sing the lead and play the guitar."

"You know the guitar?" Castle asked in surprise.

"Oh Dad, so many layers to the Brooklyn Onion, however will you peel them all?" Brooklyn quoted her mother sarcastically.

"Meanie," Castle pouted.

"What song are you playing this time?"

"Blank Space by Taylor Swift, we arranged it a bit so Rose could play the ukulele too," Bailey said shyly.

"It's such a hit, Mom! Blank Space is so good!"

"Alright, practice in the interview room okay?"

"Sure thing, come on," Brooklyn said and lead her best friends into the interview room.

Castle sat down at his seat and Kate sat down on her seat and started going through their suspect's profile.

"Why didn't I know Brooklyn knows the guitar?"

"She stopped playing it about two years ago, I taught her a bit and she really liked it, but two years ago it just stopped. She's really good, no joke, even better than I am."

"I almost forgot you knew the guitar," he chuckled.

"I didn't play for a long time, Castle, I doubt I remember anything," Beckett laughed.

"Go and see then."

"What do you mean?"

"Go and see if you still remember anything, take Brooklyn's guitar and try."

Kate wasn't sure about performing in front of her colleagues, but she decided to give it a shot anyway.

"I'll go if you go and tell Brooklyn to lend me her guitar."

"Sure," Castle said confidently and knocked on the door of the interview room.

"Hey Dad, hey Mom, what's up?" Brooklyn asked.

"Can your mom just borrow your guitar for a little bit? I wanna see her play again," Castle said.

"Sure Mom," Brooklyn said and handed her mom the guitar.