Josh

Josh showed up at the precinct and surprised Beckett from behind, Beckett hugged him and they made their way to Beckett's car. After they reached the apartment, Josh was surprised to see Brooklyn gone.

"Kate... Where's Brooklyn?"

"She ran away... She'll be fine, she's smart and if she was in some sort of trouble she would call," Beckett tried to hold back her tears at the sound of Brooklyn's name.

"Hey Kate... I'm sorry about Brooklyn, but do you wanna talk about it?"

Beckett shook her head.

"Okay... so, do you wanna debrief each other or something?"

"That would be nice," Beckett said and they sat down on the couch with Beckett pouring them some wine.

"I am born in New York and my childhood was normal. I was the playboy type in high school, I have a motorbike but I settled down after high school graduation," said Josh.

"I'm also born in New York, my parents are lawyers, I was going to be one too, but my mother was murdered when I was nineteen and I became a homicide detective. Brooklyn doesn't have much memory about my mom, Brooke was only one when my mom was killed, my dad helped me through most of my parenting with Brooklyn."

"Brooklyn turned out amazing, you are a really great mom."

"Thanks... so, what college did you go to?" Beckett changed the subject.

"Stanford."

"No way! Me too! I was pre-law."

"Well obviously I was medicine, and I enjoyed it. But man, being a doctor is hard," Josh laughed.

"My shifts can be crazy too, but Captain Montgomery is really considerate and sometimes orders me to stay home because I won't leave the precinct," Beckett laughed.

"Your boss is so nice, I have crazy shifts and almost no holidays, our timetables can really match each other's!"

"Yeah, totally..."

After some small talk and debriefing, it was getting late so they called for some takeout.

"Say Kate... I was wondering, will you be my girlfriend?" Josh asked.

Beckett really wanted to say yes, Josh is a great guy but the problem was Brooklyn...

"Josh... I want to say yes but..."

"But...?"

"It's Brooklyn."

Josh looked confused.

"Brooklyn ran away because she was not happy about me going out on a drink with you, then we fought and I said something I shouldn't and now she's gone! I want to say yes Josh, you're a great guy but it's Brooklyn I'm concerned about!"

"I like Brooklyn Kate, I don't really mind about her being around! Brooklyn and I can bond Kate, she'll warm up to me, but if she doesn't... we'll think of something, okay?"

"Okay," Beckett said softly.

"So... you'll be my girlfriend?"

"Yeah," Beckett said happily.

----------------------------------------

Author's Note: I know, it's so sad to see Josh get together with Kate, trust me, the drama will get better if Josh is here. And I have been thinking about the Castle Musical people have been talking about, so I have a question, if there IS a Castle Musical, what songs or things they should include?