Poker

"Ha! Kicked your ass AGAIN," Brooklyn laughed and placed her cards on Esposito's desks.

"Should have known not to play poker with Beckett Junior," Ryan grunted.

"I think I might go bankrupt by just playing poker against her," Esposito said as Brooklyn counted her winnings.

"Did she kick your asses at poker again?" Kate asked, coming in.

"Won a hundred and fifty bucks in total," Brooklyn said.

"You know, Castle is good at poker too," Kate said.

"That's where my poker genes come from," Beckett Junior flashed her uncles a gummy smile.

"Hello everyone," Castle said, coming into the precinct and putting his arm around Kate.

"Hey Dad," Brooklyn smiled.

"Hey Brooke, playing poker?"

"Yup," she replied, popping the p.

"Who's best at poker in your family Castle?" Ryan asked.

"Mom."

"Me."

"Me."

They all looked at Castle and Kate, who both claimed to be the best poker player in the family.

"No Kate, I'm better at poker. I kicked your ass for three times in a row remember?"

"That was fifteen years ago!"

"You still gotta admit that I am better at poker."

"I call for a rematch Richard Castle," Kate said playfully.

"Game on, Katherine Beckett."

~~~

All the detectives (including Captain Montgomery and Lanie, who came up from the morgue) stood around the table in the interview room. Castle and Kate called for a poker rematch and suddenly people came flying in with bets on who would win and who would lose.

Ryan has a clipboard in his hands and Esposito has an envelope full of money in his, even Brooklyn chipped in ten bucks from her winnings.

"Beckett, do me proud, kick his ass for me," Montgomery said.

"Will do Captain," Kate smiled.

Game was on, it was quite intense and their moves kept everyone on their toes.

When it was down to their last five cards, Castle peeked at his, four kings and a queen, he was 99% certain that he was going to win. But then he looked at Kate, he couldn't just embarrass her in front her colleagues!

"So Castle?" Kate said, eyeing him.

Castle looked at his cards, then Kate again.

"I'm out," he said and put his cards face down.

Brooklyn cheered, some detectives sighed and some cheered. Of course, Ryan bet on Castle and Esposito bet on Kate (Mommy's Boy and Daddy's Boy remember?).

The winnings from the bets were distributed and Kate and Castle were left in the room.

"I know you let me win," Kate spoke up.

"How did you know?"

"You had that 'I'm gonna win' look on your face."

"Well I wouldn't embarrass you in front of your colleagues!"

"Rematch, tonight, bedroom," Kate whispered in his ear sexily before heading out to continue her paperwork.

~~~

When Brooklyn and Alexis were asleep upstairs, Castle and Kate were sitting on the floor, both only left in their undergarments.

"All in," Kate said and bit her lip.

Castle couldn't wait, he threw his cards aside and crashed his lips onto Kate's.

And no one even knew who won that game in the end.

~~~

Author's Note: Midterms are almost over... Did anyone see the sneak peek and the promotional photos? Alexis with black hair and Captain Beckett! Captain sounds pretty good to me :), but I am curious on Montgomery, Johanna Beckett's case, and all that in the AU episode. These two weeks are going to be the LOOOOOONGEST two weeks of my life.