The Deal and the Lie

"Mom! I'm home!" Brooklyn said as she entered the loft.

"Hey Brooke, Kate and Alexis are out shopping for baby stuff, I'm just making lasagna, your mom's craving," Castle said from the kitchen.

"Hey Dad."

"How was your studying?"

"Like a piece of shit," she said straightly.

"Mind your language young lady."

"I'm sorry! It's just that I suck at memorizing and I'm good at finding random crap to say to make everything make sense, but I suck at memorizing!"

"Then what are you going to do about it?"

"Brayden's helping me," she said, leaning on the kitchen island.

"He's WHAT?!" Castle dropped the knife in hand and faced Brooklyn.

"He's just helping me with studying! What's wrong with that?"

"He took advantage of you just at the precinct Christmas celebration!"

"There was a mistletoe, Dad! You know how superstitious I am! So I just pecked him on the lips, that was all I did!"

"Can he guarantee that you pass?"

"Yeah, he's really good with memorizing."

"Then be careful, I don't want your heart broken agian."

"Don't worry Dad, I won't, I'll be careful. But... Bray has a condition."

"He doesn't want want to... sleep with you, right?"

"Ew! No! Dad! Of course not! He needs me to lie to his parents, just for one night, that we're dating."

"Why?"

"He kinda lied to his parents about us getting back together because he wanted his parents to stop bugging him, and... I would be needing your help, and Mom's, and Alexis's and Karen's of course."

"What help?"

"His parents want to meet you and Mom, and the thing is that you have to lie and get through the night with his parents thinking that we are dating, okay?"

"Why wouldn't he just come clean with it?"

"He screwed up! But I need him to help me with my Social Studies exam! Please Dad! Pretty pleeeeeeeeease?" Brooklyn begged.

Castle sighed, Brooklyn is fourteen, she can make decisions by herself, and it's not much big of a problem if he helps her for one night.

"One night, but that's all I'm willing to go," Castle said and held up one finger, "No guarantees for your mom though, but I'll help you."

"Thanks Daddy," Brooklyn squealed and hugged Castle and ran up to her room.

~~~

"Hi Mom! Need help with the bags?" Brooklyn ran down from her room when she heard Kate coming through the door.

"How much do you want?" Kate said bluntly, it wasn't really like Brooklyn to help her with shopping bags, usually Brooklyn ignores her when Kate asked her for help. Kate figured that Brooklyn wanted money, she's always about money.

"I don't need money, Mom! I'm not THAT money-minded!" Brooklyn smiled and helped her mom with the bags.

"Okay, if it's not money, then I have three guesses. One, you want the new Taylor Swift CD, two, you want to go see a new movie with VIP seats with Rose and Bailey, and three, you have a new boyfriend and you want my approval."

"Well," Brooklyn dragged.

"Yeah?" Kate sat down on the couch.

"I need you to cooperate with me for one night, just one night, Mom."

"What is it that you need?"

"Lie to Brayden's parents that we're still dating."

"What? You still talk to that jerk that broke your heart?"

"Well... the thing is... I am totally screwed in my Social Studies exam and Brayden said he would help me with the stupid piece of shit if his parents come over to dinner for one night and all of us lie to him about us still dating?"

"Why wouldn't he just come clean?"

Brooklyn told Kate all about the lie Brayden told his parents and all that, Kate thought about that for a while.

"Okay, I'll do that, but you'd better pass your Social Studies exam, young lady. I'm just doing this for the sake of your school report," Kate agreed.

"Thanks Mommy!" Brooklyn said and hugged Kate, then she ran back up to her room.

"Is it just me or if she's acting weird and everything?"

Both Castle and Alexis nodded their heads.

~~~

Brooklyn slammed the door and plopped down onto her bed, she grabbed her phone and texted Brayden.

Brooklyn: Hey Bray, Mom and Dad said yes.

Brayden: Good, when do you want us to come over?

Brooklyn: Wait... what? I thought we were coming over!

Brayden: Nope, Mom and Dad insisted that we come over, I thought you understood.

Brooklyn: It's okay, I'll just tell my parents about it. I'll text you on the time and date later.

Brayden: Okay. Just make sure your dad doesn't beat me up.

Brooklyn: Why would he?

Brayden: Dads get protective over their daughters, remember what happened when we were dating?

Brooklyn: Oh... that. No prob Bray, my mom can calm him down, she can always just cuff him to his bed and do a little something to punish him for his bad behavior at night...

Brayden: You're still that dirty minded Brooklyn I have always known. XD

Brooklyn: Haha, so many layers to the Brooklyn onion, however will you peel them all?

Brayden: Well, gotta go, Mom's calling for dinner. See you later?

Brooklyn: I'll see you later.

Brooklyn put her phone in sleep mode and let out a huge sigh, she felt as if a huge weight has been lifted off her shoulder, she doesn't know what is it, but the pressure that has been weighing on her for a long time just went away, it just disappeared.

~~~

Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter and the long wait! Just didn't feel like writing recently. But here's another one, hope you enjoyed it.