A Normal Day

Beckett was finishing up the last pieces of paperwork, waiting for the clock to strike three so she can rush out and pick up her daughter after school, it's now two forty five, just fifteen more minutes to go.

"Yo Beckett, you bringing Brooklyn over today?" Esposito asked.

"Yeah, after our cafe haul of course."

"Can I have a cappuccino?" Ryan asked.

"I want a caramel latte."

"Did I say I was going to get you drinks?" Beckett faked.

"Aw come on Beckett!" the boys whined.

"You do know I'm only joking right? I'll get you something back, I'm also getting donuts, anyone?"

"Chocolate," the boys said in sync.

"Taking a coffee run Beckett?" asked Montgomery.

"Sir it's Friday, I have to pick Brooklyn up from school."

"Can I have a caramel latte with a donut with sprinkles?" Montgomery asked.

"Of course sir," Beckett smiled.

"And please hurry, I can't wait to see Miss Brooklyn again."

"We'll hurry back sir."

"Beckett I suggest you go now," Montgomery said.

"Sir it's only two fifty."

"I'll let you go early, seeing I want my coffee and donut here ASAP."

"Yeah!" Said Ryan.

"Way to go Cap!" Esposito added.

Beckett rolled her eyes and grabbed her coat out on the way.

------------------------------

Brooklyn raced out of the doors once the bell rang, she spotted her mother there and ran towards her.

"Good day at school?" Beckett asked.

"Yeah, can we now please go and get my hot chocolate?"

Beckett laughed, "Of course, oh, and we have to hurry this time, Captain Montgomery wants his coffee and donut ASAP."

"Are we using the gumball?" Brooklyn asked hopefully.

"Oh hell yeah!"

They didn't use the gumball on the way to the coffee shop, Beckett and Brooklyn have the best mother-daughter relationship ever, they are kind of like best friends.

"Hello Detective, Brooklyn, what can I get you today?" the cashier asked.

"One cappuccino, two caramel lattes, one hot chocolate and one Grande skim latte, two pumps sugar free vanilla. By the way are there any bearclaws today?"

The cashier nodded, "Coffee run for the precinct?"

"Yeah, Captain wants his coffee and donut ASAP, and also we'll take two chocolate donuts, one donut with sprinkles and two bearclaws please."

"That'll be $8.75."

Beckett handed her the money and they waited for their food.

"Mom?"

"Yeah?"

"Um... There is this genetics project we would have to do, you know, just drawing the family tree. And... Um... I need to know who my dad is."

Beckett sighed, that question again, Brooklyn has been using many skills to get her to spill Castle's name, and she knew this was just another plan.

"There is no genetics project is there?"

"No... I have it."

"You don't have the genetics project until you're in eleventh grade Brooklyn, I checked."

"Damn it!" Brooklyn cursed.

"Detective Beckett, your orders," said the cashier.

Beckett took the drinks while Brooklyn grabbed the pastries, they made their way out of the coffee shop together.

After they get settled in the car, they buckled their seatbelts and smiled at Beckett evilly.

Beckett started the car and once they hit the road, Brooklyn hit the gumball. The siren wailed and lights flashed, they got back to the precinct in record time.

"Abuse of the gumball!" Brooklyn joked as they stepped out of the car.

"I love being a cop!" Beckett laughed.

They rode the elevator up and stepped into the bullpen.

"Hey Beckett! Got our food?" Ryan asked.

"Yup, all here," Beckett dumped the coffees onto Esposito's desk.

"Made it back in record time Beckett, I'm impressed," Montgomery said as he came out from his office.

"Captain Montgomery!"

"Hello Brooklyn, any fun stuff in school?"

"School's as boring as hell," said Brooklyn.

"What? So Cap here gets a greeting and your uncles don't?" Esposito mocked hurt.

"Of course not Uncle Javi!"

Ryan cleared his throat.

"And Uncle Kevin of course!"

"Brooklyn Courtney Beckett how can you forget to give your uncles a hug?"

"Alright," Brooklyn laughed playfully and hugged both Ryan and Esposito.

Everyone had dinner in the precinct, they had pizza and they just loved it, after that Beckett and Brooklyn headed home.

"Mom!"

"What?"

"How come you never had a case for these three weeks? That's odd isn't it?"

"Well sometimes murderers just don't want to kill, you get what I mean?"

"I guess, Mom, can Rose come and sleep over tomorrow?"

Rose is Brooklyn's best friend, she is the girl who is all into makeup and outfits, whereas Brooklyn only cares about self defence.

"Sure why not?"

"Great!"

Brooklyn only sat on the couch reading a book.

"Don't you need to call Rose?"

"Why?"

"Telling her that she can come tomorrow."

"She knows Mom."

Beckett sighed, Brooklyn has done it again. She knew her mom would say yes and Brooklyn knew Rose's mom would have no problem with it, so they planned it all beforehand and Beckett would just have to say yes.

"I'm going to bed Brooklyn, sweet dreams."

"Night Mom."

"Until tomorrow... Brooklyn Castle," Beckett said softly so Brooklyn couldn't catch it.

Beckett fell asleep and dreamt about Castle, his baby blue eyes and gorgeous smile, for the fourth time this week.

------------------------------

Author's Note: I know these are all short chapters, but I think once Beckett and Castle meet again they'll be much longer!