You Again?

"OW!!! FUCK MAN!!!" Brooklyn screamed.

Kate and Castle rushed over to their daughter, to find her holding onto her left arm.

"What happened?" Kate asked worriedly.

"FUCK IT! IT HURTS!" she screamed.

"You fell down the tree?" Kate asked.

"WELL OBVIOUSLY!" she snapped.

"How did you know she fell down the tree?" Castle asked.

"She's under the tree, she's swearing and speaking loudly without control, I'd say she fell from the tree."

"We'd better get you to the hospital," Castle said and helped Brooklyn up.

"Alexis! Let's go! Brooklyn hurt herself!" Kate yelled.

Alexis picked Karen up from the sandbox and ran over to Kate and got into the car.

~~~

"Name?"

"Brooklyn Castle," Castle said.

"Sit her down here, we'll page a doctor for you in a minute," the nurse at the front desk said.

Brooklyn down on the chair and she winced in pain.

"I hate trees!" she wailed.

"Well next time, you'd better think carefully before climbing up a tree and stepping with the wrong foot which resulted in you breaking your arm," Kate said.

Karen was still sucking her thumb in Kate's arms, eyes wide and curious of her surroundings.

"Bets on she was never in a hospital before," Brooklyn grunted.

"She was born in a hospital, dumbass!" Castle said in a 'duh' tone.

"Thank you for stating the obvious, jackass!" Brooklyn snapped.

"Hey, I'm a wiseass, not a jackass," he defended himself.

"Watch your mouth and attitude, Brooke, breaking your arm gives you no excuse for swearing and being rude to your father," Kate scolded.

"Kate?"

They all turned around to see none other than Doctor Motorcycle Boy standing there.

"Josh?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Brooklyn broke her arm!"

"Then Brooklyn must be the patient I am treating. Come on, Brooke," Josh said.

"It's Brooklyn to you, mister!" Brooklyn snapped and followed him into a room.

"I'll go with you Kate," Castle said immediately.

"No, you stay back here with Alexis, I'll take Karen and go in there with Brooklyn. I don't want you being all jealous in there," Kate held him back and said to Alexis, "Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

"Aye aye Captain Beckett!" Alexis joked.

"I'm serious, you're in charge," Kate said and went into the examination room.

~~~

"So how come she broke her arm but not her foot?" Kate asked Josh, who was finished examining Brooklyn's arm.

"She landed side first, her arm took most of the blow but her foot is fine," Josh said, not looking up at Kate.

Karen started fussing a little, Kate bounced her on her lap and she started sucking on her thumb again.

"Who's baby is that?"

"Complicated story," Kate said.

"I'm going to put a cast on your arm, okay?"

"Sure," Brooklyn said.

Josh started to cast her arm and broke the awkward silence.

"How's everything?"

"Everything's fine," Kate replied shortly.

"How is it with Writer Monkey?"

"Hey, first, my dad has a name and his name is Rick Castle. Second, no one calls him Writer Monkey but me," Brooklyn snapped.

"Well thanks for the warning," Josh said sarcastically.

"Castle and I are fine, going strong, starting a family, just that."

"You have kids?"

"Yeah, Brooke and Lex."

"Is this Lex?" Josh asked, motioning Karen.

"Alexis is the redhead you saw out there, dumbass. She's my half sister," said Brooklyn annoyingly.

"Language young lady," Kate warned.

"It's fine, Kate, I know breaking your arm is not pleasant and it's okay if you take it out on someone."

Josh finished putting a cast on Brooklyn's arm and explained what she couldn't do during these six weeks, then he scheduled another appointment for the cast to be taken off six weeks later.

"Well, Kate, maybe we could go out for a drink, catch up on old times," Josh offered.

Kate knew what she had to answer, she was in this same situation before when Brooklyn sprained her ankle.

"No thanks, Josh. I'm pretty busy these days with the precinct and the girls, maybe some other time," she declined nicely.

"Well, another time then, I'll see you around, Kate."

"See you around," Kate said and walked out of the room.

"So?" Castle leapt up from his seat.

"He tried to ask me out for a drink, but I know that you're enough for me," Kate said sweetly and kissed Castle lightly, but it turned a little more... passionate and it started getting out of hand.

"EW!" the girls squealed and Karen covered her eyes.

"It's just a kiss!"

"It'll lead to sex if you don't stop," Brooklyn said, "Let's go."

~~~

Author's Note: I know, quite short and boring... blah blah blah, but I am writing another chapter and I might post it within today (HK time, now currently 18:20), I'm already working on it, peace.