You and I

"Hello Brooklyn! It's so nice to see you again!" said Brayden's mom, Bethany, as she entered the loft for the fake 'meet the parents' night.

"Pleasure to see you again too, Bethany," Brooklyn faked a smile.

"Nice to see you, Brooklyn," Brayden's dad, Benjamin echoed after his wife.

"Likewise, Ben," Brooklyn said, "Allow me to introduce my family. My dad, Rick, and my mom, Kate."

The adults exchanged greetings and shook hands.

"This is my little sister, Alexis, and my other sister, Karen," Brooklyn motioned the two young girls on the couch.

"Pleased to meet you, Mr and Mrs Taylor," Alexis said.

"Just call us Bethany and Ben darling," said Bethany, who's absolutely adoring the three Castle daughters.

"Let's have dinner! I made nachos and risotto," Castle announced.

~~~

"This is just superb, Rick," Ben complimented on the risotto.

"You are an excellent cook," Bethany agreed.

"Thank you," Castle said, "I learnt it in high school, it may sound weird, but it's true."

"So, you and Kate met in high school right?"

"Yes, he got held back in freshman year and I came in a year after, we met and dated till graduation," Kate smiled.

"What about you and Brooklyn, Brayden? Tell us the story," Bethany looked at the teenagers.

Brayden and Brooklyn shared a 'oh shit we're busted' look.

"What story?" Brayden said slowly.

"The one on how you got back together of course!"

"Oh... that story... why don't you tell the story Bray?" Brooklyn said.

"No, why don't you tell it, Brooke? You have that story-telling gene," Brayden pushed the responsibility over to Brooklyn.

"Fine," Brooklyn faked a smile at Brayden's direction, "It started in the Hamptons..."

"I ran into her on the beach..."

"Then he told me the whole story of why I thought that he was cheating on me..."

"Then I leaned in for a kiss and she didn't hesitate, so we kinda got back together then."

"That's so sweet!" Bethany squealed.

Brooklyn kicked Brayden's leg hard under the table.

"So when are you two getting married?" Ben asked Brayden and Brooklyn.

"What?!" Brooklyn almost screamed.

"She's 14 and I'm 15, it's not even legal!"

"I know I know, just asking!"

Brooklyn caught her parents laughing under their breaths.

"I'm so going to kill you for putting me through this," Brooklyn muttered to Brayden.

"You won't when you pass your Social Studies exam," Brayden whispered and smiled.

~~~

Brooklyn sat aside in her dad's office when the adults talked on the couch after dinner, Alexis was doing the dishes and Karen fell asleep after dinner.

"Hey," Brayden walked over to Brooklyn.

"Hey Bray, I think the lie went pretty well tonight," she looked up at Brayden.

"Yeah, thanks a lot," Brayden sat next to Brooklyn on the couch in Castle's office.

"I'm counting on you for passing my Social Studies exam."

"You will pass, I can guarantee that," Brayden smiled.

"Your parents are so lovey-dovey," Brooklyn commented.

"Your parents are so cool."

"They're not even married yet and they're gonna have their fourth kid in 34 weeks," Brooklyn sighed.

"But you're their only biological child, Alexis is only your half sister and Karen is technically your cousin."

"We don't talk biology in this family."

"Right, sorry."

Then came the awkward silence.

"Have you ever thought that maybe one day you would become your parents?"

"As in a single mom raising her daughter all alone and getting kidnapped by her ex and all that?"

"No, I mean, the happiness, the family they have," Brayden said.

Brooklyn shook her head.

"You deserve it Brooke."

"We both do," she whispered.

"You're beautiful and you're smart, you're tough and strong..."

"Where are you going with this?" Brooklyn asked softly.

"I love you, and I know I have said this a thousand times but I'm going to say this again. Brooklyn Courtney Beckett-Castle, I love you, more than anything else in the world, I know you are not going to take me back but I just want you to know that I love you," Brayden said without stopping.

Brooklyn just sat there shocked, then, without a warning, she smashed her lips onto his.

Sparks flew as their lips made contact with each other, they moved in sync and for some reason, Brooklyn broke down in tears.

"What's wrong?" Brayden asked as he pulled away, Brooklyn's face was inches from his.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"For what? You've done nothing wrong, baby."

"You were just trying to protect me from Georgia and all I did was..."

"You don't have to apologize baby, we're together now, and it's all that matters," Brayden said and crashed his lips onto Brooklyn's again.

~~~

Author's Note: Hey people, Merry Christmas! So for your Christmas present, I'm updating this chapter with Brayden and Brooklyn getting back together, thanks guys!!!