Ten Years Later

Detective Kate Beckett is now the youngest female to ever make detective, and has the highest case closure rate in the department, working alongside Detective Javier Esposito and Detective Kevin Ryan. Her best friend is Doctor Lanie Parish, medical examiner, Lanie always encourages Beckett to go on dates with guys, but Beckett just doesn't like to. Beckett found out that her ex is a best selling author, she read all of his books and she loved them. But she never bothered to write him fanmail, he probably forgot about her a long time ago, besides he can have any woman he wants, he's not going to go crawling back to his ex.

Brooklyn Beckett is thirteen years old, eighth grader and lives with her mother. She had beautiful baby blue eyes and chestnut brown hair, often being called 'Little Beckett' or 'Beckett Junior' because she is so much like her mom. Brooklyn never knew who her father is, her mom just simply doesn't like talking about it. Beckett changed her last name from Beckett-Castle back to Beckett when she realized Castle was never coming back. Brooklyn is okay with that, her mother never dated and only devoted her time to her work and her daughter, the only thing that would make her life perfect now is her father coming back.

-------------------------------------

Writer Rick Castle is a best selling author in London, he lives with his eight year old daughter Alexis and his mother Martha. He had been married twice, once to Alexis's mom Meredith and once to his publisher Gina, whom he both divorced. Castle found himself always thinking of Kate, he missed her. He didn't go to her graduation ten years ago because he had to publish his first book back then and he could not leave London.

His playboy image is only his appearance, sure, he slept with girls at book parties all the time. But deep down inside he only loved one person, the remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating Kate Beckett.