Brayden and Brooklyn

What Brooklyn said hit it hard on Castle, no matter how angry Castle is with Brooklyn, it still hurt hearing that your daughter hates you, especially when she said she wished Kate never forgave him.

Castle talked it through with Kate that night, he was being slightly overprotective, she is his oldest daughter and it's not normal for him to see her dating some other guy, he's going to make it up to Brooklyn and make her forgive him, to do that he has got to let her date Brayden and un-ground her.

Brooklyn woke up to her alarm clock blaring into her ears the next day, she got ready and asked Brayden to get her something to eat, then she grabbed her bag and raced downstairs.

"Hey Brooklyn! I made pancakes! Want some?" Castle asked, being his usual cheery self.

"No thankyou, I asked Brayden to get me something to eat. I'm going to school," she snapped.

"Don't you need a lift?"

"I'm fourteen, I can take the bus," she said and slammed the door.

"Why does she look so mad? And who is Brayden?" Alexis asked.

"I yelled at her last night, and don't even talk about that Brayden dude," Castle said and ate his pancakes.

Brooklyn walked to the bus stop and saw Brayden holding a bearclaw and two coffees in his hand, she walked up to him and took a coffee.

"Thanks Bray, I owe you one," she said and took the bearclaw as well.

"Anything for you Brooke."

"My dad is suck a jackass," she spat.

"Your dad just loves you Brooklyn, and he just wants to protect you. It's understandable," said Brayden.

"He asked me to break up with you Bray! You know I could never do that!"

"Give him some time Brooke, it's what Dads do, they get stressed over their daughters. It sucks, I admit it, but he's doing it for your own good."

Brooklyn did nothing but to stay silent.

-----------------------------------

Castle was the only person in the loft when Brooklyn came home from school, she sighed when she saw Castle on the couch and asked for her mom, Alexis and Martha.

"Mother's out for her acting studio, Kate took Alexis out on a museum tour so it's just me and you Brooklyn Bridge," he smiled brightly.

"How can Mom leave me alone and go out with Alexis?!"

"Who cares? It's Father/Daughter Day hon."

"Not interested," she snapped and went up to her room.

Castle felt defeated, but he chased after Brooklyn to her room.

"Get out!" she screamed as Castle entered her room without knocking.

"Not until you forgive me," he said stubbornly.

"Just shut up! What do YOU know about your parents not accepting the love of your life?! You and Mom spent all your time together with no one to stop you! God! You were so free that you two had me!"

"Brooklyn you're only fourteen! What do you know about 'the one'?"

"I'm ALREADY fourteen and I know what is love! I love Brayden! I know he's the one! And you had to take everything away from me!"

"Brooke I was protecting you..."

"Dad I didn't need protection, I needed romance, and you took that away from me!"

"Brooklyn you're my oldest daughter and it just seemed weird that you already have a boyfriend, it seemed like just last year Kate saw me off in JFK and now you're dating someone... It just seemed so fast."

"Maybe it's because you never knew I exsisted until last year!"

"Maybe it's because I can't leave the UK!"

"Maybe you never cared!"

"Well maybe I won't!" Castle started yelling.

"Good!"

"Good!"

"Fine!"

"FINE!"

Castle left Brooklyn's room and Brooklyn started packing everything she needed into her suitcase, she called Brayden and went downstairs with her suitcase.

"Where are you going?" Castle asked coldly.

"Brayden's place, I'm not lying, I am going there."

"Overnight?"

"Over infinity nights."

Just then Kate and Alexis came through the door.

"Brooklyn? What are you doing with your suitcase?" Kate asked slowly.

"Staying at Brayden's for I don't know how long. Get out of my way," Brooklyn said and pushed her way through the front door of the loft.

Brooklyn arrived at Brayden's place, and was welcomed by Brayden's parents, who adored Brooklyn. She shared Brayden's bed that night, with a confused thought of her future.