Acting

After movie night, everyone was forced to live in harmony, even if it was fake. Castle faked his hospitality towards Meredith, while everyone knew he was really annoyed with her. Kate had to stifle the boiling rage inside of her, because she thought Meredith was out to get Castle back into her bed. Brooklyn was the least bit pleased with her dad's ex-wife showing up out of the blue, she thought, no, she knew her sister's biological mother was going to break this family apart once again. Alexis had mixed feelings about the whole situation, she was excited to see Meredith, but she also wanted to spend time with Kate instead of the crazy red-haired shopaholic. Karen, of course, had no idea what was going on.

Castle had to go into a meeting one day, Brooklyn had a project to deal with and Alexis, not wanting to get stuck in between her two mothers, volunteered to go with Brooklyn. That left Kate and Meredith (and a sleeping Karen) in the loft.

Kate had her case details strewn all across the kitchen island, but she kept that well away from Meredith's prying eyes, having them being classified. She had a warm mug of ginger milk tea next to her and she took a huge swig before coming up with a new theory.

"What are you doing?" Meredith asked cheerfully as she appeared in front of the island. Kate quickly gathered up the information and stuffed them into the brown manila file.

"Nothing," she replied cautiously.

Meredith was unconvinced, "What are you working on?"

Kate shook her head, "Just a classified case, what's up?"

"Can I tell you something? This has gone way too far," Meredith's face broke out into a huge grin.

Kate nodded her head carefully, not trusting Meredith.

"I'm back for only one reason."

"Continue," the brunette said slowly.

"As crazy as this sounds, I'm not here to get into Rick's bed," she admitted, "If I wanted to, I would have done it when my daughter isn't around."

Kate was stunned with the news, everyone, including Alexis, thought Meredith was only back to break them apart, because that seemed like the only reason that she was here.

Meredith continued, "I heard that Rick was going really serious with you, and I wanted to see it for myself. Might sound stupid, but it's true."

Beckett's face broke out into a huge grin, "Well, in that case, do you want to maybe have a hen's night out, no alcohol involved, and exchange notes?"

"Depends on what notes you want to exchange," Meredith replied mischievously.

"MOM!"

Brooklyn ran to the kitchen island, with Alexis rushing in and banging the door behind them.

"Yes?"

"Can I go see a musical in the Cherry Lane Theater next week? Brayden got three tickets!"

Kate raised an eyebrow, "What musical? And you're going with Brayden, as in a date?"

Brooklyn blushed bright red, "Sort of, but Alexis is coming too! So it's not really a date!"

"Can I go Kate?" Alexis chimed in, "Brooklyn said this is the only chance to see this musical because they're not putting it on again!"

"And they're exclusively putting this on in New York! They rarely perform musicals outside Chicago, almost never!" Brooklyn added.

Kate had enough of the girls' begging, "Okay! Okay, you can go. As long as you and Brayden don't have too much fun."

"Ew!" Brooklyn said and started walking back up the stairs, "Don't think too much Mom! Come on Alexis, I'll brief you on what we should do at the show. We get to decide the outcome of it so no show is ever the same!"

Alexis agreed and walked up to Brooklyn's room, the girls almost couldn't hide the snide grins on their faces.

"Thanks for getting Mom to say yes," Brooklyn said, giving her sister a high five.

Alexis replied, "I still get to go to Paige's house right?"

"I'll drop you off and pick you up when Brayden and I finish the show," Brooklyn agreed.

"Well what sister would I be if I didn't help you out?"

~~~

Does anyone get what musical I'm referring to?