Surprise?

"ACHOO!" Brooklyn sneezed.

"Tissue?" Alexis offered, holding up the tissue box.

"Thanks," Brooklyn took one and blew her nose hard into the tissue paper, sitting down on the couch.

"Brooke you shouldn't have ran in the rain," Beckett shook her head in disapproval, feeding Karen in her high chair.

"We were kissing in the rain! It was the most romantic thing ever! How can I pass it by?"

"This is adorable! You know, your dad and I did that once at the swings and..."

"Mom," Brooklyn cut her off, "I'm sick and contagious and I don't want to hear anything about you and Dad's love life."

"What about our love life?" Castle asked, coming out of the office.

"Just telling Mom to keep your love life quiet. I don't need you two messing up our pure minds," Brooklyn said and threw her crumped up tissue into the bin.

"You're not pure at all Brooklyn," Castle pointed out.

"Alexis and Karen are. Karen's name means purity, you don't need to mess up her mind."

The doorbell rang, Alexis hopped up from the couch and went to get it.

But when she opened up the door, her baby blue eyes widened and was frozen on the spot.

"Lex? Honey, are you okay?"

"Hello Kitten," a voice purred.

Everyone turned to the door and saw a redhead carrying three suitcases and a Gucci handbag, standing at the door.

"Mum!" Alexis said in shock.

"Hello sweetie..." the redhead said and walked into the loft, "I see we have guests. Richard?"

"Meredith! What are you doing here?" Castle said in shock.

"Well I have an audition here in Broadway, so I might just as well crash for a while," Meredith said casually and she diverted her attention to Beckett and Brooklyn, "Would you like to introduce the guests?"

"Um... this is Kate, my fiancee, and Brooklyn, my daughter."

"A teenager?"

"Kate and I had her when we were in college... Long story. Meredith? The loft is quite occupied, so we can't really accommodate you, sorry..."

"Oh it's okay, I can share with Alexis."

"Um... sure Mum!" Alexis said uncertainly.

Beckett and Brooklyn exchanged looks across the room and Karen was squealing for more food.

"So... who's this little cutie?" Meredith said, looking at Karen.

"This is Karen, our adoptive daughter," Castle said proudly, "She's also Kate's biological niece."

"Well, I will go and unpack. Lex, sweetie? Will you help me?"

"Of course," Alexis said quietly and went to get her mother's smallest suitcase and walked up the stairs.

Meredith got the medium sized one and walked up the stairs.

"Will you help me with that one Kitten?"

Castle sighed and mouthed a 'I'm sorry' to Beckett, grabbed Meredith's suitcase, slammed the front door and walked upstairs.

"This is going to be one good drama show," Brooklyn said softly, but loud enough for Beckett to hear and Beckett shot her daughter an annoyed glare.

~~~

Author's Note: Hey people, I'm back for one chapter. I'm in a super good mood today so I am posting one more chapter, not taking that On Hold sign off though.

So normally I hate Thursdays cuz it has the worst combination of lessons ever, and since fourth grade I have always called Thursday 'Chinese Day', which I hate. And today I got promoted chief editor in the school magazine team, found out what high school my English teacher went to (which I was trying to get her to spill for seven months), spent twenty minutes just talking to her (which I almost never get) also I accidentally told her about the new project I was working on. And she wasn't even mad that I made her one of my inspirations which did not have an all-pleasant story with the main character. So here's another chapter to celebrate!