Fighting For Victory and Glory

"I told you if we followed the Monroe lead we could have solved this case!" Castle said dramatically while trailing after Beckett.

"At least we can remove Wallis as a suspect and go back to Monroe now," Beckett tried not to sound like she lost.

"If we'd follow the Monroe lead we could have solved the case by now!"

"Fine," Beckett turned around in annoyance, "If you think you can solve the case, why don't you conduct a parallel investigation yourself? Let's see who will catch the killer first."

"Fine," Castle said, "I take Ryan, you take Esposito."

"Good," Beckett said in a bitchy voice.

"Good."

"Fine."

"Fine!"

"Espo! You're with me!" Beckett barked as she walked towards her desk.

"Meaning Ryan's with me," Castle smiled.

"What's going on?" Esposito asked.

"Castle said if we followed the Monroe lead we could have gotten another lead from him instead of a lead that's leading back to him. So I said why not conduct his own investigation? So now Espo's with me, Ryan's with Castle."

"What are we playing for?" Ryan asked.

"Pride," said Castle.

"Money," said Esposito.

After a little while of silence, Beckett spoke up.

"I think I have a pack of gummy bears."

"You're on!"

After Beckett and Esposito focused on the murder board, Castle went to sit with Ryan.

"Is she always like this when she's pregnant?" Ryan asked.

Castle shrugged, "Wasn't there when she was pregnant with Brooklyn."

Ryan kept quiet because he knew Castle didn't like talking about when Kate is pregnant with Brooklyn.

~~~

"Hey Mom, hey Dad," Brooklyn chirped.

"Hey Dad, Kate," Alexis said.

"Hey Brooklyn Bridge, hey Pumpkin," said Castle.

"How's the case going?" Brooklyn asked.

Beckett rolled her eyes and said to Castle, "You tell them."

Castle told the girls about everything until the bet, and Brooklyn was thrilled to place money on who would win.

"Ten on Mom and Uncle Javi!"

"Let's have a betting pool then," said Esposito, coming over with Ryan.

"Okay, I bet ten bucks on you and Mom, Alexis?"

"Five on Uncle Kev and Dad," said Alexis.

Esposito wrote down the bets and started waving around for people to join in the bet.

"Twenty on Beckett!" yelled Hastings.

"I beg to differ, twenty on Ryan and Castle!" said Karpowski.

"Ten on Beckett and Espo," L.T. placed his bets.

"Fifty on Beckett and Esposito," said Montgomery, coming out of his office, "Do me proud, Beckett, kick Ryan and Castle's asses for me."

"See? Even Cap puts his money on Mom! You people are going down!" Brooklyn said confidently.

"Says who?" said Castle.

"Yeah! Says who?" Ryan echoed.

"That was why I called your Uncle Kev 'Baby Castle'," Esposito whispered to Brooklyn and she chuckled.

Beckett's face suddenly went blank, she stood up, pushed people out of her way and ran to the washroom.

"Let the morning sickness begin," Castle said dramatically.

~~~

Author's Note: I am so sorry for the long wait and the short chapter! I just had my exams and Math did not go too well. I just needed a break from writing fanfics, so a warning, prepare a long wait for the next chapter. By the way, I started a new teen fiction, which is a sequel to my first story on Wattpad and a prequel to the other original fiction I had on here, it's named The Rollercoaster Named High School and I would appreciate it if you check it out! Thanks! (Though it only has two chapters so far, I will update that story more often because I am usually in the mood for writing teen fictions at times like this)