Saturday

Brooklyn immediately got permission from Beckett to hang out with Alexis in the park on Saturday. Beckett had a lot of paperwork anyway so Brooklyn was free.

Alexis hurried home and found her father writing a new chapter for his Derrick Storm novel, she immediately rushed into his study.

"Dad!!!"

"Hey pumpkin! How was the park?" asked Castle.

"I met a friend!"

"Wait a friend?"

"Her name is Brooklyn, she's thirteen and very nice!"

"That's nice Alexis."

"And we are going to play again on Saturday!"

"What?"

"Saturday! Two in the afternoon! I just can't wait!"

"You are in New York for what? A day and you met a friend?"

"Dad, Brooklyn is very nice!"

"I would like to take you to the park next week, to meet your friend."

"Suit yourself Daddy!" Alexis said happily and hopped out the door.

---------------------------------------

After an excruciating week of waiting, Alexis and Castle made their way to the park, and Brooklyn was already there waiting.

"Brooklyn!" Alexis squealed.

"Alexis!" Brooklyn looked up from the ground.

"Can we get ice cream?"

"Sure," Brooklyn said as she got up from the park bench.

"Daddy! Can I get some ice cream?" Alexis yelled.

Castle came jogging up behind, Alexis was running too fast.

"Sure pumpkin," Castle said as he handed Alexis two one dollar bills.

"Brooklyn, Dad, Dad, Brooklyn," said Alexis.

"Your dad's Richard Castle?"

"You read my books?" Castle asked impressed.

"My mother does, she's a big fan."

"Well I'm glad to sign a copy for her anytime," Castle smiled.

As Brooklyn and Alexis rushed off to the ice cream truck, Castle kept thinking about Brooklyn, she looked so familiar! Except for her eyes, she looked like Kate's twin!

"So... your last name is Castle, my mom would be psyched to know I just met Richard Castle," said Brooklyn.

"What's your last name?"

"Beckett, that's my mom's last name."

"Brooklyn Courtney Beckett, it's so cool!"

"Hey girls," Castle said as Alexis and Brooklyn came back from their ice cream run.

"Hey Dad."

"Mr Castle."

"Would you like to go to Remy's after a while? I'm just famished."

"I would love to! Then I can just walk back to the precinct," Brooklyn said.

"Precinct?"

"My mom's a cop, best homicide detective in the NYPD, youngest female to make detective," Brooklyn said proudly.

"That's so cool!" Alexis said.

"Brooklyn, did you have lunch yet?"

"I don't usually eat lunch," said Brooklyn.

"Well lunch is on me, let's go!"

---------------------------------------

Brooklyn ordered a strawberry milkshake and a burger, Alexis got fries and a coke and Castle got his own burger, fries and chocolate shake. It reminded him of the old times, Kate and him would usually eat there and order the same thing, they would challenge each other to down milkshakes and talk a lot.

Brooklyn's phone suddenly rang. The caller ID was Beckett.

"Hey Mom," said Brooklyn.

"Brooklyn, do you need a lift from Central Park? I'm going there for interviewing a witness."

"It's okay Mom, Alexis's dad treated me to lunch at Remy's."

"Okay, be careful, love you."

"Love you too."

Brooklyn hung up and pocketed her phone.

"What's your mom like?" Alexis asked.

"She's a brunette, perfect curls, hazel eyes, and the best mom ever, plus she taught me some pretty awesome defence skills."

"Your mom must be one kickass cop," said Castle.

"Oh and she's really good in the interrogations! You would not like to cross her, or she'll go all badass on you and it's not cool for a suspect I tell you."

When they finished their meal Brooklyn was heading for the precinct, but she decided to take a coffee run.

"Two caramel lattes, one cappuccino and one Grande skim latte, two pumps sugar free vanilla," Brooklyn ordered.

After Brooklyn paid, she bid the Castles goodbye and went to the precinct.

The coffee order, Grande skin latte, two pumps sugar free vanilla, that was Kate's favorite ever since high school, but Castle shook the possibility of Kate as Brooklyn's mother out of his head and focused on his new Derrick Storm novel.

---------------------------------------

Author's Note: I know it's a filler, but Beckett is going to meet Castle next chapter, so it would probably be longer.