Inside Out

"Castle, be nice," Beckett warned as she fixed up his shirt.

"But he hurt Brooklyn!" he hissed back.

"Brooklyn knows herself best, if she trusts Brayden, so should we," she said and pecked him on the lips, "Now promise me that you'll be nice?"

"I promise," he smiled.

"Hey Kitten, when's your daughter's boyfriend coming over?" Meredith appeared in the doorway.

The doorbell rang just then.

"About now," he said and dodged his way out of the room.

Meredith, strangely, winked at Beckett, who shot her a 'what?' look.

Castle opened the door and looked at a properly dressed Brayden.

"Hello Mr Castle," the boy said curtly.

"Brayden," Castle greeted.

"Bray!" Brooklyn said and shoved her dad out of the way, "Come in. We made popcorn and we have some nachos."

Brayden stepped into the house and Castle clutched his fists. Beckett shot him a warning glare and her expression immediately softened as she saw Brayden.

"Nice to see you again Brayden," she smiled.

"Me too, Detective Beckett," he said and noticed Meredith, "Oh hi, and you are?"

Brayden sticked his hand out for her to shake.

"Meredith, I'm Alexis's mother and I'll just be staying here for a while," she shook his hand.

"Can we watch Inside Out?" Alexis pipped up from a corner.

Everyone agreed. So they made themselves comfortable on the couch, brought in the drinks, popcorn and chips and started watching the movie.

The movie flew by and by the time Riley was running home to her parents, Beckett and Brooklyn started shedding tears.

"Kate, are you okay?" Alexis asked.

"Yes I'm okay Lex. I'm just a bit emotional," Beckett reassured the young girl.

Brayden put his arm around Brooklyn's shoulder, much to Castle's despise, but Meredith sent him a sickish sweet smile to warn him not to interrupt the two teenagers.

"That was a touching movie," Alexis said as she went to take the DVD out.

"Let's watch Madagascar 3!" Brooklyn suggested.

Everyone agreed and they watched that movie as well, by the time it was over it was near midnight.

"Oh crap!" Brayden exclaimed as he leaped off the couch.

"What is it Bray?" Brooklyn asked wearily.

"It's almost midnight! Gosh how would I get home?"

"You can stay the night here," Meredith suggested.

Everyone stared at her.

"I'm okay with it," Beckett shrugged.

Castle didn't dare say a word in the presence of his fiancée, ex-wife and overly-sassy daughter.

"You can share my room," Brooklyn said cheerfully.

"No! Absolutely not!" Castle protested.

"Brayden can you sleep in a sleeping bag?" Beckett ignored Castle.

"Yes of course."

"Then it's solved!" Meredith announced, "Rick and Kate will sleep in their room, Alexis and I will share her room and Brooklyn and Brayden can share a room!"

"No funny business young man," Castle tried to be serious and scary, but was obviously not as scary as he intended to be.

"Okay off to bed," Beckett said and everyone marched up their rooms.

~~~

"I hope it's comfy enough Bray," Brooklyn said as she laid out the sleeping bag.

"It's okay Brooke, it's very nice of your family to let me stay the night."

"Mom knows I don't want to be pregnant at fourteen," she laughed. (Quick question from me and I really want to know what you guys think. If I didn't tell you, how old do you guys think I am? And I mean what you think, not a game to guess how old I am.)

"Well I don't want to be a dad at fifteen either," Brayden laughed as he climbed into the sleeping bag.

They chatted for a while until Brooklyn felt her eyelids weigh like tons, but just before she fell asleep, she managed to whisper, "I love you Brayden Taylor."

And she was sure before she lost consciousness, she heard him say, "I love you too Brooklyn Castle."

~~~

Author's Note: I'M SO FREAKING PSYCHED!!! It has been a hectic couple weeks of summer. I finished two shows and I would like to share an exciting piece of news for all of you. I am the freaking scriptwriter for next year's school musical! I literally wrote the script four hours non-stop, and I mean no food, I went four hours without eating in the summer. But I finished it, and it was worth it. But of course I have to thank my teacher, coaches and friends on the team for the opportunity. Oh my god it's the best and most productive summer ever!