Trouble

"Kate I'm telling you just go out there and get him! He's out there in New York and he needs to be arrested before he gets on any flight out of the country!" Josh yelled.

"It's not that easy Josh! He's dangerous and one wrong move and the whole plan collapses!" Kate retorted.

Leonardo's killer was identified, but he is dangerous, one wrong step and someone else can get into trouble. In the precinct, Josh was yelling at Kate for her to go and get him, but Kate needs to plan everything before an arrest can take place.

"For god's sake leave my mom alone! What do you know about being a cop?!" Brooklyn yelled at Josh.

Josh and Kate were in the break room, and Brooklyn had enough of all the shouting.

"Shut up! What do you know about what is out there? Someone killed my dad!" Josh snapped back at Brooklyn.

"Someone killed my mom! The killer wasn't even found!" Kate yelled.

"Then you know how I feel if he is never caught!"

"He would be caught! Just give it time!"

"You're going to let him slip!"

"JUST LISTEN TO MY MOM FOR ONCE WON'T YOU?! YOU NEVER LISTEN TO HER! SHE'S THE COP HERE!"

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS BROOKLYN?!" Josh yelled.

"I KNOW ENOUGH! MOM IS DRIVEN BLIND BY ROMANCE! YOU ARE CONTROLLING HER AND SHE IS AN ENTIRELY A DIFFERENT PERSON ONCE YOU STARTED DATING!!!"

"Brooklyn! Enough! Go down to the morgue."

Brooklyn didn't move.

"Now."

Brooklyn hesitantly walked to the elevator and took it down to the morgue.

"Brooklyn's right, I am driven blind by romance," Kate said.

"Just go get the guy!"

"I'm going to arrest him with procedure, not now."

"God why are you so stubborn Kate?!"

"You wanna know stubborn? I'm breaking up with you!" Kate spat out.

Josh froze, "What?"

"You heard me," Kate said cockily.

"Kate you're not in your right mind," Josh said and took a step closer to Kate.

"So are you, you are asking me and my team to risk our lives to go and get this guy. Brooke is right, I driven by romance and I have no life after we started dating. If you truly loved me you wouldn't have asked me to risk my life to get a guy."

"But Kate... Think of everything we have gone through together..."

"Hm... Let me think, like having my daughter turning her back against me and almost killing her? I think we have gone through enough," Kate said and took off her engagement ring from her necklace and gave it back to Josh, "We're over."

"This can't be over just like that..."

"Yes we are, now get out before I accuse you of harassing me."

Josh's face was flustered with anger, his face was all red and silently he stormed off the stairs.

Kate came out of the break room, "Espo, Ryan, we are doing this orderly, track the asshole's movements, the call for the SWAT team and we'll get this bastard."

---------------------------------

The team was inside an abandoned warehouse, they made sure of everything, vests on, guns cocked and flashlights on.

Kate, Esposito and Ryan saw movements in a secret corner, Kate did the 'watch me' gesture and she stepped out.

But when Esposito and Ryan tried to have her back, a puff of smoke that stinks appeared and blocked their sights, they heard a scream from Kate then it's silence.

---------------------------------

"How can Beckett just disappear?" Montgomery asked.

"We don't know sir."

"How can you not have her back?"

"We were only three seconds behind her! Then a puff of smoke came out, we heard her scream and then we heard nothing else," Ryan said.

"Sounds like something out of a cheap action movie," Montgomery said.

"It was what happened!"

"You are going to tell Brooklyn yourself, then send her to her dad's, you hear me?"

"Yes sir."

Esposito and Ryan walked out of the office and saw Brooklyn sitting there.

"Where's Mom?" Brooklyn asked.

"Listen Brooke, this is about her," Ryan said and rolled his chair over to Kate's desk, Esposito did the same and they sat down on their chairs.

---------------------------------

Author's Note: I know, short chapter, but yay! Kate broke up with Josh! The moment we all have been waiting for! But you have to stay tuned to know what happened to Kate XP