Mother and Daughter

Brooklyn heard the knock on her door, she knew it was her mom.

"I'm not in the mood for another shouting match Mom!" Brooklyn yelled in a shaky voice.

"I'm not going to yell again Brooke," Kate said and entered the room.

"Then what the hell do you want?" Brooklyn snapped.

"To talk."

"Not in the mood."

"Brooklyn I think we need to talk, we have been pulling apart since I started dating Josh and I want to just tell you that Josh is not going to come in the way of our relationship, I know we have been distant but..."

"I know! I know being a homicide detective is hard and you don't have much time! But do you have to put Josh before me? I know I shouldn't be saying that you shouldn't date but you have been spending every spare minute you have with him!"

"Brooklyn why do I have this feeling that it's more that just me not spending time with you?" Kate asked, sensing something else going on.

"Well... this is hard to say but Dad just appeared in our lives and he loved you, you just admitted that you love him too, I really wanted to have the perfect family you know? Not a stepdad or a stepmom, which I technically have two ex stepmoms because Dad has been divorced twice," Brooklyn joked.

"Brooke I didn't say I was going to marry Josh!"

"I just feel that you are going to marry him soon, and I'm going to become the freak of the family when you and Josh have kids because I'm the only kid whose dad is NOT Josh," Brooklyn said and wiped away her tears.

"Brooklyn I don't care if your dad is Castle, I will ALWAYS love you no matter what happens, we have gone through the last thirteen years with just you and me, and if I never had you I would probably be a wasted alcoholic because no one is there to remind me of Castle or to keep me going."

"You must really have missed him," Brooklyn said.

"I also loved him, he was my world, I gave him everything and he gave me you in return, it's a pretty good deal, but he left. Brooke you have to understand that it is all complicated, getting back together with Castle is not that easy. I still can't trust him completely but Josh is a great guy who treats us great and he's the guy we need."

"But he's not the guy we love," Brooklyn said.

"What?"

"Mom we both know you love Dad, you just like Josh."

"Brooklyn you're being silly..."

"Mom you're being crazy."

"Brooke..."

"Don't you think you're being crazy? I know it's complicated but remember what Grandma Johanna's saying is?"

"Vincit Omnia Veritas? That's just means Truth Conquers All."

"Other than that?"

"Vincit Omnia Amor."

"Love Conquers All," Kate whispered.

"Love is the most powerful thing ever, and if you truly love Dad everything is going to turn out great."

Kate gave her daughter an 'are you joking?' look.

"Really," Brooklyn smiled.

"I'll think about it Brooke, so... are we good this time? For good?"

"We're good for good," Brooklyn laughed.

"Sweet dreams honey," Kate kissed Brooklyn's head and left the room.
----------------------------------------
The next day Kate made Brooklyn a homemade breakfast, it has been a long time since they had a homecooked breakfast and Brooklyn was shocked.

"What's the occassion Mom?" Brooklyn asked.

"Just a way of saying sorry."

"About what?"

"The whole Josh thing. And I really am sorry Brooklyn, I shouldn't have put too much time on Josh, so I am going for a 'Mom and Brooklyn' day, sounds good?"

"Yeah, can we go to Central Park later? Then the museum maybe?" Brooklyn asked hopefully.

"You just want to see the dinosaurs don't you?" Kate asked, giving Brooklyn a sly smile.

"Yeah," Brooklyn admitted.

"Then let's finish breakfast and hit the road Brooke!" Kate said cheerfully.

----------------------------------------

Kate and Brooklyn headed off to the museum first, Brooklyn loved the dinosaurs, like Castle and Alexis.

"You are so like your dad, he loved the dinosaurs," Kate said.

"Did you two come here often?"

"Hell yeah, he brought me here on our first date."

"First date at the museum?" Brooklyn asked unbelievably, museums are boring for most people, why on earth would anyone want their first date in the museum?

"It was a tour around the city, we went to Central Park in the end and that 'special bench' was where we had our first kiss," Kate said.

Kate felt like she had nothing to hide from Brooklyn anymore, Castle made his way into their lives and Kate can tell Brooklyn everything she needs to know about their relationship.

Everything turned out fine in the end, Brooklyn and Kate went all over the city and had a blast, Brooklyn never had such a great day, like ever.

----------------------------------------

Author's Note: I'm so sorry for the long wait, I just didn't feel like writing this week. But I am freaking out because of all the holiday homework! I only finished one sixth of it and it sucks because we have a lot of homework. This holiday is no holiday. Shame :(