The Castle Family Christmas Card Poem

Author's Note: Starter here, when I wrote the poems, I forgot they were supposed to be limited to six lines only and they were supposed to be highlights of the year, so I wrote long poems. I am not going to rewrite them because I literally spent a whole school day working on them, so I am going to change a bit. I am gonna eliminate the six line rule in this FanFic (and I also suck at short poems, so yeah) and instead of writing about highlights of the year, I am going to change it to what you are grateful for this year. Plus I suck at poetry but I'll give it a shot anyway, spare me for my bad poetry writing.

~~~

"Okay! Ladies of the Castle household! Now we have had our delicious dinner and our flavorable dessert, let's hear our poems!" Castle announced.

Martha was going out with some friends from Broadway so she couldn't be there for the night, so it was just Castle, Kate, Brooklyn, Alexis and Karen.

"Who's first?"

Alexis shot her hand up to the sky.

"Me!"

"Okay, Alexis, you're up. Show us what you've got."

"It's a bit childish... but I'm turning ten next year, next year I'll be a teenager so I'll be childish just one last time," Alexis blushed. (A/N: Yes, Alexis is nine now, I forgot to write about her birthday... but I'll leave it to that so treat her as nine going on ten)

The whole family (except Alexis) sat down on the couch and Alexis stood in front of them, Castle took Karen into his lap. Alexis took out a piece of paper from her pocket, unfolded it and started reading.

"I moved from a kingdom to a state

Because Daddy said starting over is never too late

But if we didn't, Daddy would never have met his fate-

A pretty brunette with hazel eyes named Kate.

Thank you Daddy for always being there for me

Thank you Kate for being the best mommy there could ever be

Thank you Brooklyn for filling my life with glee

And thank you Grams for letting me watch her shows for free."

They applauded politely and Kate took Alexis into a bone-crushing hug.

"Thanks Alexis," Kate whispered.

"For what?"

"You seriously think that I'm your mom?"

"All Meredith does is take me shopping, she was never really my mom. You do all those stuff moms do to their kids to me even though I'm not yours, you are my mom."

Kate hugged her once again.

"Oh, and, can I call you Mom?" Alexis asked.

"Why not?"

"Thanks Mom."

Castle's heart melted as he saw the woman he loves taking his daughter as her own although she's not biologically hers. He was always worried that Alexis wouldn't accept Kate when they started dating, but the weight is lifted off of his shoulders now, it's all good.

"Okay, any comments on Alexis's poem?"

"What does moving from a kingdom to a state mean?" Brooklyn asked.

"I moved from the United Kingdom to the United States, get it?" 

"Oh!" Brooklyn nodded in understanding, "I loved your rhyming, by the way. I could never have thought of four rhyming words to put in a paragraph, I couldn't even do it. So I really liked your rhyming."