Talking It Through

The next day, Castle left Alexis in Martha's care and headed off to the precinct nearest to his loft, the sixty fourth precinct.

"Excuse me, is there a Detective Kate Beckett here?" he asked the receptionist.

"Detective Beckett works in the 12th precinct sir."

"Thankyou," Castle said as went out the building and drove to the 12th.

----------------------------------------

Usually Sunday means mother/daughter day for Brooklyn and Beckett, but since they have a case today, Beckett has to work.

Brooklyn was laying down on a couch in the break room while watching videos on her phone, her mother was out catching a suspect with her uncles and she was bored to hell.

The elevator dinged, Brooklyn sat up and looked towards the elevator hopefully, hoping that her mom was back so she can watch the interrogation, but instead it was none other than Rick Castle.

She laid down on the couch, hoping that her dad couldn't see her, she was definitely not going to see her dad without her mom here.

She could hear him ask Officer Hastings if her mom was here and Hastings replied with, "Detective Beckett is out on an arrest, would you like to wait in the break room? I can inform the captain."

Oh shit, no! Not the break room, Brooklyn stood up and prepared to make a run for her mom's desk, but too late.

"Hey Brooklyn!"

"Hi Mr Castle," she said stiffly.

"Where are you going?"

"To my mom's desk."

"The one with the elephants?"

"How did you know?"

"Your mom loves the elephants."

"Well, if you excuse me, I should be going."

"Brooklyn wait, maybe we can talk this out," Castle said.

"What is there to talk about?"

"About everything."

"I think I'll pass," Brooklyn faked a smile and prepared to walk out of the break room.

"Brooklyn I know you're angry..."

"You're damn right I'm angry! You have no idea how broken Mom was when you didn't show up! You have no idea how much it breaks me hearing Mom crying at night! You obviously have better things to do! Go back to your partying lifestyle, your book parties, there are some people who actually have to work for a living!" Brooklyn yelled and ran out of the break room and to the elevator.

"Mr Castle?" Montgomery stood in the doorway of the break room.

"Yes?"

"I'm Captain Montgomery, would you like to tell me what this is all about?"

----------------------------------------

Brooklyn ran to the morgue, she suddenly started crying on the way, she didn't stop running until she pushed open the door of the morgue.

"Aunt Lanie!" she cried as she suddenly hugged Lanie, who was going over a case file.

"Whoa! Girl! What's wrong?

Brooklyn just sobbed into her aunt's chest.

"Shhh, where's your mom?"

"Arrest."

"She's arresting a suspect?"

Brooklyn nodded.

"What's going on?"