Brooklyn Castle?

Brooklyn woke up the next day to bright sunlight streaming into her eyes, she looked around and remembered she escaped from her home yesterday. she saw her dad sleeping on the chair next to her bed.

"Dad?"

Castle continued on snoring.

"DAD!"

Castle jumped awake, Brooklyn laughed at his reaction.

"Geez Brooke! You scared me!"

"Sorry," Brooklyn chuckled and sat up from her bed.

"Sleep well?"

"Like a baby," Brooklyn nodded.

"I'm glad you did."

"Dad... I really am so sorry about what I said to you last time, I was just backing Mom up, I felt like I needed to you know? She was there all my life and for some reason you missed out on it... But Mom... I just don't wanna go back."

"Your mom loves you Brooke, she may have just slipped, I'm sure she didn't mean it."

"You should have seen her when she agreed to go on that date Dad, she looked so happy, but the night before she told me she still loves you..."

"Your mom still loves me?"

"But then the next day she said loving you was a mistake, I don't know what is going on! Mom is a complicated person and I can't seem to get into her mind."

"Kate was always complicated, when we were dating, she would look troubled but when I asked her what was going on, she would always say that everything is fine. And she always keeps everything to herself, you would never know what is going on in that pretty little head of hers."

"But she's my mom, I have to see her, but just not today."

"I know... Hey, wanna go have breakfast? We can have smorelettes!"

"Smorelettes?"

"S'mores and omelettes combined, come on, Alexis and Mother doesn't like them but I would like your opinions," Castle said as he got up from his chair.

"We'll need to get ready first Dad," Brooklyn chuckled.

"I think you're right," Castle said as he went to his private bathroom in his bedroom downstairs.

Brooklyn got ready in record time and rushed downstairs, where Castle was already getting the ingredients out to make smorelettes.

"Hey Dad... so I was thinking... can I have my last name changed to Castle?" Brooklyn asked.

Castle was shocked, he thought Brooklyn would like to keep her mother's last name.

"Is that a no?" Brooklyn's smile faded when she saw Castle was silent.

"No, no, it's okay with me Brooklyn, but the question is, is your mom okay with it?"

"I would say Mom's going to say no, but I don't care, if I can't change my name now, I'll change it when I'm eighteen, it's only five years away."

"Brooklyn!" Alexis came running down the stairs.

"Hey Alexis!"

"What are you doing here? You didn't answer me last night."

"My mom said something really hurtful so I came here."

"What did Kate say?"

"Alexis, let's not ask some personal questions okay?" Castle stopped his daughter.

When Alexis was not looking, Brooklyn mouthed a 'thankyou' to Castle.

----------------------------