Exams

Starters, I did mention some Social Studies content here a couple times, where I live, it's called Liberal Studies, I'm not sure what they teach in eighth grade in the US but we just learnt globalization, so I'm gonna put a lot of what I learnt in, please don't mind that much.

~~~

Brooklyn was sitting in the New York Public Library, trying to memorize the features and factors of globalization for her Social Studies exams.

She was not good at memorizing, she was good at reasoning and finding random shit to say to make everything make sense, but not memorizing.

Someone sat opposite to her, she didn't really mind, but the person kept staring at her and she could feel it, she looked up to see none other than Brayden Taylor.

"Why do I keep running into you?" Brooklyn said, sighing.

"Maybe it's fate," Brayden smirked.

"Were you following me?"

"Why would I? It's not like I have a crazy obsession with you or anything..."

Brooklyn sighed again and looked down at her textbook, it was all so complicated, after the features and factors, she has to memorize the logos for international organizations, which sucks, she's not good with pictures either.

"Can't memorize?"

"How did you know?" Brooklyn snapped sarcastically.

"The way you furrow your brows gave you away."

"It's creepy that you notice these," she said in a very Beckett tone.

"It's cute," Brayden protested.

"How do you memorize these anyway?! You're in ninth grade, you should have memorized these to pass your exams last year."

"How long have you been here?"

"An hour. And all I did was memorize the definition!"

"Do it."

Brooklyn took a deep breath and recited the definition without stopping.

"It's pretty good, so what do you remember about the features or the factors?"

"None of the above, I can't memorize a single thing! And I'm serious!"

"Not even one?"

Brooklyn hung her head and sighed.

"Tell you what, I'll help you with Social Studies and all the shit you have to memorize," Brayden said.

Brooklyn looked up and her eyes lit up instantly.

"Really?" she knew Brayden was really good with memorizing stuff.

"Yeah, on one condition."

Brooklyn looked at Brayden with a 'seriously?' look and Brayden gave her a 'duh' look.

"Okay, what's your deal?"

"Be my girlfriend."

"Aw hell no! No way, I'd rather flunk than be your girlfriend!"

"Come on Brooklyn!"

"There's no way I'm doing it, no way."

"At least pretend to be my girlfriend."

"Pretend? Why pretend?" Brooklyn asked.

"Listen, my parents got worried about me not getting a girlfriend after breaking up with you, so I panicked and told them we got back together..."

"Why would you even tell them that?"

"I want them to stop bugging me!"

"So just tell them we broke up again!"

Brayden shook his head, "It wouldn't work. They adore you too much."

"So why would I pretend to be your girlfriend if they don't even have the chance to see me?"

"They wanna meet your parents."

"Say what?!"

Everyone in the library turned to them, Brooklyn became red in the face and looked down.

"They want to meet your parents, and that's only for one night."

"Then what? What will we tell them when the lie goes on for too long? What if you start dating another girl? What if I start dating another guy? What happens then?"

"The only reason they are worried about me not getting a girlfriend is because I am not good with girls at all, and they claim that the only fun in life begins after marriage..."

"Ew! Why would they even say that?"

"I know right?!"

"Anyway, continue."

"And don't worry, I'll find a decent excuse to cover this lie up when the time comes."

"When the time comes?"

"When you get another boyfriend or when I get another girlfriend or if we don't, when we graduate high school."

"Okay, but I have to ask my parents to lie with me, I'm just helping you, I'm not going to lie to them."

"Fine, so the deal is that you drag your parents over for dinner and lie to my parents that we're dating for one night, and I'll help you with whatever shit you need to memorize, right?"

"Yeah, that's the deal."

"Call me tonight to confirm."

"Yeah, I'll call you."

"See ya Brooke, gotta go."

"Well then, I'll go too, it's no use just sitting here trying to memorize shit that would only last for a night," Brooklyn said, stood up and started packing.

"I'll walk you home."

"Alright, if that's what you want."

And with that, Brayden and Brooklyn walked out of the New York Public Library together.