70

"I do not want to be here right now." I sighed as I leaned my head back against the headrest.

"Come on, it's not so bad." Emily said. I raised an eyebrow and looked at her on the screen.

"Not so bad? This meeting could have happened over a zoom call or something. We did not have to come here to see the new people."

"That's true, but not very professional." I rolled my eyes and she laughed a little. "Don't get upset, but I think it's best to meet people in person. That way you can see what type of person they are and you can call them out on their bullshit." I smiled.

"I'm very good at that." She shook her head with a smile on her face.

"I know you are. Besides..." Taj started to cry and Emily sighed as she bent down and picked him up. "What's the matter with my baby? Hmm?" He cried for a few more minutes as Emily bounced him on her hip before he calmed down and laid his head on her chest and started playing with his ear.

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah he's alright. He's been fighting his sleep since you left."

"Well I can come home and put him to sleep." Emily laughed and Taj raised his head and looked around before he whined a little. She shook her head.

"You'll do anything to come home right now huh?"

"Yes." I said as I nodded my head.

"Babe, going back to the warehouse may be good for you."

"How is this good?"

"Think about it... You've been struggling with coming up with new designs so being in your office may be the key to get the creative juices flowing again. Another good point is that the kids aren't there busting through the door, interrupting you, every few minutes." Before I could answer there was a loud bang against my window. I snapped my head in that direction with my hand on my chest. There stood Hanna looking at me. I unlocked the doors and she opened the passenger side door.

"Damn bitch, you scared me half to death." She shrugged.

"Whatever. I figured I might as well come out here to eat since you've been out here for twenty minutes and haven't made any effort to come in with the fucking food." She said as she dug in the bag to get her food.

"Well if you must know, I was talking to my wife." She waved her hand dismissively.

"You see Emily damn near twenty four seven. I think you could be away from her for a few hours." She said before she took a bite out of her hash brown. "No offense, Em." She said as she was chewing.

"None taken." I looked back at the screen and saw that she was rubbing Taj's back as he started to fall asleep. I couldn't help but to just smile as I looked at them.

"Careful, you're getting mushy." Hanna said and I scowled at her.

"Shut up." I said through gritted teeth. "Babe, I'll call you later okay?"

"Okay... wait, what do you want for lunch?" I really couldn't think of anything that I wanted to eat.

"Just surprise me."

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too." I said back to her before I ended the call.

"You two are so cute." Hanna said as she ate the last of her eggs and hash browns. I stared at her for a while. How the hell did she finish her food that quick?

"Tell me something Han."

"What's up?" She said before taking a sip of her juice.

"Why couldn't we have done this meeting over zoom"