66

Ali's POV

I let out a sigh as I sat next to Emily and laid across her legs, relaxing as she played in my hair.

"It's so quiet." I stated after a few minutes of silence passed. Emily chuckled and nodded her head, agreeing.

"I know right? I'm used to hearing Addison chase Honor around the house because she took something out of her room, or the loud music that comes from her room."

"Or Taj crying over something or babbling." I said with a smile on my face. Emily sighed.

"I love having our babies here, but sometimes we deserve a break. To just be us." She said before she started unconsciously running her hand through my hair again. I stared up at her for a few seconds then a thought entered my mind.

"Let's cancel dinner with Spencer and Toby tonight." She stopped her hand movements in my hair and looked down at me.

"I only agreed to dinner because you've been saying how much you want to spend time with Spencer. Especially now that she's pregnant."

"I know I said that..." I raised up into a sitting position before facing her. "But this is our first day alone with each other in awhile. I want to spend that time with you." She stared at me before a smile slowly formed on her face. She pulled me close to her and kissed my cheek.

"I want that too. I'll call Spencer and cancel." She said as she picked her phone up from the table and scrolled to Spencer's name.

"I'll do it." I said as I snatched the phone out of her hand. I got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen.

"So you're just gonna take my phone?!" She yelled out and I laughed a little.

"So what? Mine is on the couch. Go ahead and use it if you have to." I said right before Spencer answered.

"Yeah Em?"

"Not Emily." I said in a sing-song voice. I heard her laugh a little before she spoke.

"Hey Ali how are you?"

"Good. How about you and my little cousin?" I asked while getting a water bottle out of the fridge. She laughed a little.

"I know you're just checking on the baby and he's great. We had our check up yesterday and he's the size and weight that's recommended at this point of the pregnancy."

"Awe! I can't wait until he's here. Only four months left. Are you ready for that?" I heard her scoff before she spoke.

"Hell no, but we got some practice in with Honor and Taj, so I think we got it."

"Still, it's different when it's your baby, but you're going to be a great mother, Spencer."

"Thanks Ali, that really means a lot." She said before pausing for a few seconds. "Was the only reason you called to check on the baby?"

"I know Emily already said that we'll join y'all for dinner tonight but would it be okay if we cancel?"

"Of course it's okay." I was shocked by her response. "When Hanna called and said that she had the kids, I knew that you two would, most likely, want to be alone. I tried telling Toby but it's like sometimes what I say goes in one ear and out of the other." She said while laughing a little.

"Thanks for understanding. How about we all get together around one tomorrow and have lunch at the house?"

"Hmm, which house?" I rolled my eyes when she asked that.

"Yours duh..." She then laughed.

"That sounds great. I'll have Toby grill some steaks and we can make the salad."