2

-Ali's POV-

A tear fell from my eye as I watched Emily walk out of the door.

-Go after her!- My mind yelled but my legs wouldn't move. I can't go after her - I can't be weak. Something my mother always taught me.

I pulled the curtain back slightly and looked out to see Emily driving away. I walked into my room, grabbed a towel, and went in the bathroom to take a shower. After my shower I laid on my bed and unlocked my cellphone.  I stared at my wallpaper of Emily and I. I looked at Emily and tears formed in my eyes. A text from Spencer showed up on the screen, but I didn't bother to read it. I'm pretty sure that Emily already spoke to her. I went to the contacts and scrolled down to Emily's name. Should I call her? Would she even answer? I know that I wouldn't. I'll give her time to calm down. I put my phone on the charger, got under the covers, and closed my eyes.

Sitting on the floor in the library, I was reading one of my favorite books: The Great Expectations.

As I was laughing at something in the book, Emily came around and looked at me. "What's so funny?"

"Their names sound like stuffed animals." I said while smiling

"I can't believe you already finished it." Emily said smiling as she sat next to me.

"Want me to tell you what happens? I can make you a cheat sheet." I said, smiling up at her.

She chuckled a little.

"You know you should really let me braid your hair sometime." I said while touching her hair.

"I had a dream about Jenna."

"Emily don't think about that. They have different operations..."

" No Ali, in my dream she was better and she forgave us. " Emily said excitedly as she smiled.

I smiled at her," That's why I love you. You're big on happy endings. So is Dickens by the way, Pip gets Estella in the end." I looked at the book for a second. "Can I read you something?" I asked her. 

She nodded her head.

"I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace. Against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be." I recited while looking at her. "Did you get to that part yet?"

She nodded her head and leaned in and kissed me. When our lips touched I felt sparks. I kissed her back. She pulled away first and I smiled at her.

I opened my eyes suddenly.  I remembered that day as if it was yesterday. Emily still doesn't know that while I was reading her the passage from the book, I meant the words for her. I love Emily Fields. I just can't admit it