36.

I woke up and reached for Emily.

You kicked her out dumbass. Three weeks ago. I closed my eyes as hot tears threatened to fall.

God, I miss her. I thought. Well, call and tell her to come home.

I'm just not ready for that yet. My phone beeped on the nightstand, I picked it up and sure enough it was another text from Emily.

Ali - can we talk, please?

Is this about Honor?

No...It's about us.

I just stared at the screen until another text came in.

Ali, we're married. We're supposed to work things out.

We're also not supposed to lie to each other.

I never lied to you. I never kissed her!

That's not what the picture shows.

THAT PICTURE IS FAKE. I've been trying to tell you that. Did you have Aria look at it?

No, I didn't.

You're so stubborn, Ali. She can tell you that it's fake. You know she's into photography.

I don't want to talk about this.

Ugh. Whatever. Is Honor awake?

She's still sleeping.

I promised her that we'll swim today before I go to work. So I'll be there soon.

She'll be happy to see you.

And you?

...

Nvm. :( I shouldn't have asked that. Bye, Ali.

I raised up in bed and immediately felt nauseous. I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, barely making it to the toilet before I threw up. After a few minutes, I got up from the floor and brushed my teeth. I opened the cabinet and with shaky hands, took out a pregnancy test.

Just get it over with, Ali. I told myself...

---Emily's POV---

"You guys need to work whatever is wrong out." Spencer said through the phone.

"How do you know something is wrong?"

"Please don't do that...Don't act like I don't notice things. You guys are distant with each other. Whenever she's at the warehouse, you're usually there, but you haven't been. You always show up to check on things AFTER she leaves. You don't look happy, Em."

"I'm NOT happy. She didn't believe me when I told her I didn't kiss Maya. Why would I kiss anyone else? Better yet, why wouldn't she believe me? She's supposed to trust me, but once that fake ass picture showed up, it's like all the trust just disappeared."

"I know you wouldnt do anything like that, Em. But Ali is stubborn. So, it's going to take her a while."

"What if that day never comes? What if she never believes that the picture is fake, then what? How do you go through life when the love of your life wants nothing to do with you?"

"Don't think like that, Em. She'll come around. I'll talk to her."

I blew out a frustrated breath while running my hand through my hair. "I've got to go, Spence. I'm going to go see Honor and we're swimming today."