29.

The Wedding Day

Emily and Alison were in their own tents getting ready. Both were nervous as expected but it was good that they had their parents with them. Spencer walked into Ali's tent asking if she was ready. Hanna repeated the actions with Emily. Ali smoothed her hands over her dress for what felt like the hundredth time and blew out a breath trying to calm her nerves. As she looked in the mirror, tears clouded her vision and her breathing quickened.

"What if she doesn't really want to get married?" Ali asked as she turned around and looked at Spencer. Spencer could see the fear in her eyes and rushed over to her cousin's side.

"Ali, listen to yourself. Of course Emily wants to marry you. She asked you to marry her. She wants a life with you, not just for Honor but because she's in love with you. She's always been in love with you and can't imagine not being with you for the rest of her life."

Ali felt herself calm down as Spencer spoke. Spencer handed her a tissue and she dabbed her eyes carefully, trying not to ruin her makeup.

"Thanks Spence." Ali said as she pulled Spencer in for a hug.

"You're welcome. Come on, let's go get you married." Spencer said while smiling at Ali. They stood up and walked out of the tent where her father was waiting for her. He held his arm out to her and she smiled and linked her arm in his. Ali looked at the many faces that were smiling at her, and smiled back at most. When she looked up her breath caught in her throat as she and Emily made eye contact with each other. Every worry and doubt she had only a few minutes ago had vanished. She saw Emily smile with tears glistening in her eyes as she got closer. Her dad kissed her cheek and took his seat next to her mother as she took the last step toward Emily. Emily took her hands into hers and rubbed circles with her thumbs.

"You're beautiful." She whispered.

"So are you." Ali smiled back while looking her up and down. Emily's dress hugged every curve of her body, while keeping her elegant. The sweetheart cut of her gown showed just enough cleavage, and a beautiful diamond necklace gifted to her by Alison. The silky look of Emily's dress was different enough from Ali's laced dress, but similar enough that they matched perfectly. Alison couldn't stop marveling at Em and the scenery behind her; the ocean in the background just complimented her beauty even more.

Spencer stood on Ali's side and Hanna stood on Emily's holding bouquets of white tulips.

Aria cleared her throat.

"Friends and family of Emily and Alison, welcome and thank you for being here on this special day. We are gathered together to celebrate the very special love between Emily and Alison, by joining them in marriage.

All of us need and desire to love and to be loved. And the highest form of love between two people is within a monogamous, committed relationship.

Emily and Alison, your marriage today is the public and legal joining of souls that have already been united as one in your hearts.

Marriage will allow you a new environment to share your lives together, standing together to face life and the world, hand-in-hand.

Marriage is going to expand you as individuals, define you as a couple, and deepen your love for one another.

To be successful in this, you will need strength, courage, patience and a really good sense of humor.

So, let your marriage be a time of waking each morning and falling in love with each other all over again.

You two have chosen to express your love for one another by writing your own vows.

Emily..."

Ali's POV