51

I just slipped my hoodie over my head when I heard Spencer call my name from downstairs. I slipped into my Nike slides and walked downstairs.

"What?" I asked when I saw the expression on her face. She shook her head.

"Nothing. Just can't believe that you're really going there."

"I can't believe that I'm going myself." I sighed and ran my hand down my face. "You know how hard it was for me to convince Ali to 'allow' me to keep control over the bar after I got released from the hospital? I mean I had to..."

"I don't want to know." Just then her phone beeped. She shook her head at the message and out the phone up so I could see it. "I'm under direct orders to keep an eye on you." I shook my head as I read the message from Ali.

"I'm only gonna be there for 45 mins or so."

"Do you have everything?" I nodded my head while patting my pockets.

"Yes." I looked at my watch and saw that it was already 1:45pm. I sighed. "Let's get this over with." I said as I walked out of the door with Spencer on my heels. Spencer said she would drive so we got into her car.

"So, why are you going to the bar?" I looked over at her.

"Melissa called this morning saying that a young girl came into the bar asking for a job."

"Isn't someone there that could handle that?"

"Spence this will be good for me. Just like the therapist said. Eventually I have to go back there." She nodded her head slowly. "I've been meaning to ask, did they agree to come?"

"I have all three on board. I know that you only want Safetysuit for one song and I made that clear. They wanted to do more but you don't really like their other songs. Ed has agreed to do three songs and John will be doing two because he has to travel shortly after. You just have to let me know the songs you want each of them to sing and I will let them know."

"How much am I spending?" She glanced over at me before looking at the road again.

"You really want to know?" I looked up and saw that we were almost at the bar.

"We'll talk more about it when we get back to the house." I said as she stopped the car and we got out. When I walked into the bar I froze by the door.

I remember pushing the guy out of the door and soon as I turned around I saw the gun pointed at me. I remember the gun going out and the burning feeling in my chest. I jumped a little when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked over at Spencer. She had a sad look on her face.

"It's okay Em. Breath." I didn't notice that I was holding my breath. I released a breath as I blinked. I wiped the tears away that ran down my cheek. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before stepping further in. Just then Melissa looked up and her eyes lit up. She came from behind the bar and wrapped her arms around me.

"It's so good to see you Emily." I smiled and hugged her back.

"It's good to see you too." as I looked around the bar. "You guys changed around."

"Yeah. We thought it would be best to do so. How's Alison?" I smiled.

"She's doing well. She's due next month."

"Awe I can't wait to meet the little one."

We made little chit chat until the door opened and in walked a young girl. Her clothes were a little tattered. She slowly walked up to us and looked at Melissa.

"Ms. Melissa, you said to come back today?" Melissa nodded her head.

"Yes. This is Emily. She's the owner of this bar." When Melissa mentioned that I was the owner she started picking at her clothes.