59

One Week Later

We finally got into a little routine with Taj. The girls been home for about three days now and they've been a huge help. Well Addison has been. WithHonor, it's more like she just wants to hold him all day and whenever he cries , it's "Mommy" or "Mama get him." Emily and I haven't talked to Addison about our decision to want to adopt her into our family, mostly because we've been busy, but we plan on talking to her about it later today. Last night, we talked on the phone with Pam about it and she was happy about it.

So do you think it's a good idea mom? Emily asked. I looked over at her then back down at Taj. He was slowly falling asleep while sucking on his bottle. I smiled down at him and rubbed down his cheek with my finger as his grip on my thumb tightened.

"It's a great idea Emmy, but the only thing that matters is what you two want. You two have done more for her than her mother has. I mean what type of mother throws their child out to fend for themselves just because they realized who they were. I know that in the beginning I couldn't accept your lifestyle but I never thought of abandoning you in any way. You were still my baby girl no matter what. And for that woman to do that to Addison... well she has to be a damn fool." I looked at Emily and saw she had tears in her eyes, I put my hand on her shoulder and rubbed my thumb over her skin.

"I love you Mom."

"I love you too baby. Now kiss my grandkids goodnight for me and let me know if i'm going to have a new one whenever you talk to her."

"We will." She hung up from her and put her phone on the charger on the nightstand.

The Next Morning

I woke up and looked over at Emily and couldn't help but to smile. I moved her hair out of the way and kissed her cheek before moving to her neck.

"Babe, wake up." I whispered in her ear as I straddled her hips. I smiled as she moved her hands to my hips as I kissed her lips.

"mmm." She put her hand on the back of my neck as she deepened the kiss.

"Want to take a shower together? We have..." I raised up and glanced at the clock to see it was almost six in the morning. "... About thirty free minutes."

"What about Taj?"

"He'll be fine. We'll take the baby monitor in there with us." She wrapped her arms around my back and raised up with me in her arms.

"Let's go." I got off of her quickly and pulled her from the bed before going in the bathroom and starting the shower. "Slow down babe." She giggled a little. I turned around and faced her.

"This is like the only time we've had with each other since Taj was born. I just... I miss us." Her expression softened as she bit her lip. She pulled me to her and lifted my shirt over my head before taking hers off. She stepped into the shower and pulled me in with her. I laid my head against her chest.

"I miss us too baby." She kissed my forehead. "Maybe after we talk to Addison we could take your parents up on their offer for a few days." I looked up at her and smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"Is that a real question? To be alone with you for a few days. Just us being Emily and Alison."

"I'd like that." I smiled. She leaned down and kissed me.

"I'd like that too." She whispered against my lips. I pulled her face down to mine and kissed her.

____________

"Honor I swear you have twenty minutes to have that room clean or else." I shook my head as I heard stomping coming from her room. Before I heard crying. Emily walked down the stairs, "What happened?"

"I told her she's under punishment until she starts listening."

"Let's just see how these twenty minutes go." Emily nodded her head and looked up the stairs. "Don't." She looked at me with a confused look.

"Don't what?"

"Everytime we discipline her and she cries, you coddle her. You can't keep doing that. She's not a baby anymore." Emily hung her head.

"You're right. I really have to stop doing that." I nodded my head and got some ice cream out the freezer and sat it on top of the counter to soften.

"I was thinking that before we start watching movies, we could talk to Addison."

"Yeah." Taj started to cry. "I'll get him and I'll tell Addison we need to talk to her."

"Okay." I sat at the kitchen table. Nerves overtook me as I played with my fingers. Soon Emily and Addison walked into the kitchen. Emily held Taj against her chest as she sat next to me. Addison sat on the other side of the table.

"We wanted to talk to you about something.I know you only been here for a few months but..."

"If I did something wrong I can fix it. Please don't make me leave." She blurted out before either of us could talk. I reached over and grabbed her hand. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"No one is making you leave sweetie."

"It's actually quite the opposite." Emily said.

"What do you mean?" Addison asked with a confused expression.

"We wanted to ask you how you feel if we tried to adopt you."

"You. Want to adopt me?"

"Yes we do." Emily and I said at the same time. "We feel that you're already part of the family, we just would really like... No, we would really love to make it official."

"But we wanted to ask you...how you feel if we started the process?"

"Would I have to call you 'Mom and Ma?'" she asked. We just laughed.

"No you won't have to call us that if you don't want to. We will still Emily and Alison to you or what you like to call us.. 'Ms Emily and Ms Alison.'" Addison nodded her and looked down at her hands for a minute while we looked on.

"Yes." She said quietly. I could barely hear her.

"What?" I wanted to make sure that I heard her correctly.

"Yes. I would like you to adopt me." It felt like my heart stopped as tears filled my eyes. I jumped out of my seat and went over to her and hugged her. 

I hope this doesn't suck. :(