67

I slowly woke up when I felt a breeze. It took a few seconds for my eyes to focus on the open doors going to the pool and I sighed. I felt Emily wrap her arm around me tighter when I tried to stretch.. I turned to face her and placed kisses all over her face before she put her hand up and covered her face, groaning a little.

"You don't want my kisses?" I asked while smiling at her. She smirked and moved her hand before she pulled me close and kissed me.

"Morning babe." She said before she kissed me again.

"Morning." I mumbled against her lips before pulling away. "We fell asleep with the doors open again." She raised up and looked over my shoulder before resting her head on the pillows again.

"It's alright. We can't do this at home, so we might as well take advantage of it now." She said before she leaned down and started kissing my neck. I closed my eyes and enjoyed for a few seconds before my phone started ringing. Emily grabbed it from the nightstand and her eyes got big before she tossed it over to me and grabbed her shirt from the floor. She flung the shirt at me, hitting me in the face with it in the process.

"What the hell?" I said as I pulled the shirt away from my face.

"Our daughter's calling, put the shirt on." She said as she got a shirt out of the drawer and slipped it over her head. I shook my head and answered the FaceTime call but kept the phone face down while I put on the shirt.

"Mom?" Addison asked, sounding confused. Probably because the screen was black.

"Hold on sweetie." I said as I put my arms in the shirt. I held the phone up and smiled when I saw her face. "Hi baby. Why are you still awake?" Because if I'm correct, the time would be somewhere around two in the morning there.

"I can't sleep."

"Why not? What's wrong?" I saw her shrug her shoulders before she looked away from the camera. "Are you still thinking about what happened at the grocery store with your mom?" When I asked that she nodded her head.

"She's not my mom, but yeah. I wish I didn't think about so much."

"Do you want to talk about it?" She shook her head.

"When are you and mama coming home?"

" In a few days. You're getting tired of your grandparents already?" She rolled her eyes as I laughed a little.

"They're great. Grandma baked a cake for us last night."

" Really? What kind?" Emily asked as she got in bed next to me. I shook my head at her. She always loved when mom made any type of dessert. Addison laughed a little before answering.

"Your favorite Ma."

"Triple Chocolate?! Man..." Addison laughed.

"Grandma put two slices in the freezer for you."

" Oh good. Tell her I said thank you."

" I will. When you come back can we start back running again?"

" Yeah. You better be well rested."

" I will. Will you run with us Mom?" I shook my head immediately.

"Oh no, I've seen how you two run. It's always a competition and I'm not up for that." Addison smacked her lips as Emily laughed a little. She stopped when she heard Addison yawn.

"Get some sleep sweetie. Call us when you wake up okay?"

" Okay Ma. Love y'all."

" We love you too." Emily and I said at the same time. I placed my phone on the nightstand when Addison ended the call and looked at Emily.