3

-Emily POV-

*2 days later*

I'll burn it down, and build it up better

Sometimes it hurts to forget the past

And I'm tired of waiting for

something to happen with you.

And I'm trying to save it, but

deep down there's nowhere to move

And I'm getting lost, soaked to the bones

With nothing to prove.

I'm covered in hope, I'm feeling with doubt

That I'm not over you, no I'm not over you.

Billy Lockett's voice blared in my ear as I sat at my window looking out. His lyrics reflected how I was feeling at this moment. I use to hope that one day Ali would see how much I love and care about her, but Spencer was right. Hope breeds eternal misery. After that night in Ali's house I cut her off completely. I've been ignoring her calls and messages. I just don't want to talk to her right now. I can't talk to her right now. I know that the girls want me to stay in Rosewood, but I really need to be on my own right now. I need to see if I can let Ali go. Sure I've tried that when I dated Paige, but Ali was always in my mind and my heart. I never loved Paige. I mean how could, I when I only thought of Ali?

I looked at my door to see my mother standing there. I took my ear buds out my ear.

"Emmy, are you alright?"

"Yeah Mom. Why do you ask that?"

"Well you haven't really been out of your room in two days. You've barely been eating."

I just decided to tell her my decision.

"Mom, I wanna get away from Rosewood for awhile. I have enough money saved up to maybe go to Cali for awhile."

"Why do you wanna leave all of a sudden?"

To get away from Ali. I thought

"To just go somewhere else. You know, explore." I said to her with a smile on my face.

"Okay Emmy." She said as she pulled me in for a hug. "You just make sure you call me. Everyday."

"I will mom. I promise." I kissed her cheek

She kissed my forehead. "I'ma go start dinner because you know your father will be hungry soon."

When she walked out of my room I grabbed my duffel bag from the closet and started packing most of my clothes. When I finished that I purchased a flight ticket and printed it out.

As I was walking out the door, I pulled out my phone and sent a group text to Hanna, Aria and Spencer. "SOS, meet at The Brew."

I got there first so I just sat at the booth in the back and waited for the others. As I was playing a game on my phone I heard the bell of the door go off. As I looked up I saw the girls walking towards me.

"What's going on Em?" Spencer asked first.

"I wanted to talk to you guys. About the decision I made, about leaving Rosewood."

"Yeah?..." They all asked.

"Well, I decided that I am going to leave Rosewood. I brought my ticket already.

" Oh... " They said sadly

" Guys it won't be for forever. I promise. I just need a break from Rosewood. From Ali. Just from everything right now. " I said while shaking my head.

"We get it Em." Spencer said as she put her hand on top of mine.

"Speak for yourself!" Hanna exclaimed

"Hanna..." I started to say before she cut me off.

"No. You can't go, Em. I mean who's gonna be there when I need someone to rant to about Caleb, or to stop me from doing dumb shit?"

"Hanna you'll be fine." I said while laughing. "If you need someone to rant to, you can still call me and I will answer. I promise, okay?"

She just nodded her head with a sad look on her face.

"Aww, Hanna Banana, come here." I held my arms out to her. She leaned into me so I could hug her.

"I'll always answer, okay?"

"Okay, Em." She mumbled.

"When are you leaving?" Aria asked

"Tomorrow morning. Right now I can't tell you guys where I'm going because I don't want it to get to Ali."

They all nodded their heads.

"Well can we hang out today? Since it's your last day here." Spencer asked.

"Sure. What do you guys wanna do?" I asked them

They looked at each other and smiled and I knew what they were going to say before they said it.

"Go shopping" They said at the same time.

Of course...

*4 Hours Later*

I plopped down on my bed. I've never been more exhausted. I had alot of fun with the girls though. We stopped and ate at The Apple Rose Grille. Apparently I had to buy Hanna something since I was leaving her. I grabbed a towel, headed to the bathroom and took a shower.

When I get out I checked my phone and saw that I had 5 missed calls. All from Ali. I read the message she left.

"Please call me back. - Alison"

I stared at it for a minute thinking I should call her. I pressed delete on the message. I love Ali with all of my heart, but I can't do this.

I laid in bed and as I was falling asleep I thought of Ali. God, I know I will miss her the most, even though I know I shouldn't.