35.

A couple of days later

"Sweetie, I have answered your question three times."

"But I'm confused." I leaned against the doorframe of the kitchen and looked at Ali as she stared at Honor.

"You look how mama used to when she couldn't understand a question."

"Hey!" I pouted and Ali smiled and walked toward me.

"I love you."

"Mmhmmm - sure you do." I leaned down and kissed her. She grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and whispered in my ear.

"I think I showed you how much last night." I felt my face heat up and cleared my throat.

"So, who's ready to go shopping?!" I yelled out as I walked over to Honor and started tickling her.

"Me, Mama." I turned to look at Ali only to see her smiling hard. "I promised her that I would take her anywhere she wanted to go today since I haven't really had time to spend with her. So, we're going shopping and i'm going to take her out for ice cream." I picked up Honor and held her on one side.

"That's great, baby. While you're gone I'm going to work on this design that's been in my head for days." I put Honor down and let her go put her shoes on. I kissed Ali on the forehead and was about to walk out of the kitchen when she grabbed my arm. "Um, a real kiss please..." I smiled and grabbed her face and kissed her.

"I ready, Mama." Honor said, pulling on my pants leg. I pulled away from Ali and kneeled down to Honor. "It's "I'm" sweetie. I'm ready." I said as I made sure her shoes were on the right feet.

"We'll keep working on it, ok baby girl? Give mommy a kiss before we leave." I watched as she walked up to Ali and held her hands up. Ali picked her up and kissed her cheek. "Be a good girl for Mama, okay? And have fun. Not too many sweets, though. I love you."

"Okay, Mommy. I love you too." Honor hugged her then Ali put her down.

"Do you want me to bring you anything on the way back home?" I asked, grabbing Honor's hand.

"We have almost everything we need here, but can you bring back my favorite ice cream?" I smiled and nodded my head.

"Yeah, I'll bring it back. Love you."

"Love you too."

I walked out of the house. I let Honor get into the car then made sure she was strapped in the booster seat before getting in the car.

"So, where do you want to go first...to the mall or to get some food?"

"Mall!!" Honor exclaimed. I smiled and started driving towards the mall.

***

Ali's POV

"So you need that specific material?" Spencer asked through the phone.

"Yes. It has to be that, Spence."

"Alright, I'll start making some calls. How's the family?" She asked. I smiled.

"They're fine. Emily took Honor to the mall and to get ice cream. You know, spending time with her one on one. She's been busy at the bar."

"She should really find someone to work for her there. It's not really safe."

"I've been telling her that..." the doorbell rang. I got up from my desk and walked toward it. "... But she never listens. She really loves working there. Even though she doesn't need to work." I opened the door and signed for a package. I looked at the yellow envelope addressed to me and put it on the table.