4

Ali's POV

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since I heard Emily's voice. Two weeks since I've last seen her. To say I miss her  would be an understatement.

I was walking over to Spencer's to see if she heard from Emily.

I took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

A few seconds passed before I heard her unlocking the door.

"Ali, what are you doing here?"

"Do you know where she is?" I asked frantically as I walked in.

"Where...?" Spencer began before I cut her off

"Emily. Do you know where she is? I went by her place but her mom said she's out of town."

I turned around and noticed Aria sitting on the couch. "Hey Aria." I spoke

"Ali." she replied dryly

I don't know what's going on with her. Basically with Aria and Hanna, who avoids me like I have some horrible disease.

"Have you tried calling her?" Spencer asked

"Yes. Many times. It just goes to voicemail." I took a deep breath as I was started to get frustrated.

"Maybe she doesn't want to talk to you." Aria spoke up

"What is your problem?" I asked

"Spencer, I'll call you later okay?" Aria said as she passed by me and walked out the door.

"Ali, I don't know where she is. She didn't tell us where she was going and have yet to tell us. She just said that she wanted to get away from Rosewood for awhile. Just keep trying to reach her."

"Yeah I will. Thanks Spence."

"Call me if you need anything." Spencer said as she hugged me.

I need Emily. I thought

"Okay, I will. See you later." I walked out the door and walked back to my house. I grabbed my shake from the fridge and went out to my car. I ended up driving to the park. Once I parked my car I got out and started walking on the trail. Somehow I ended up at the kissing rock.

As I sat on the rock I touched the side of the rock that had Emily's and my initials on it and smiled.

*Flashback*

"Why did you bring me here, Ali?" Emily asked.

"Remember that day at the lake Em... When I was talking about the kissing rock?" I asked with a smirk on my face.

She nodded her head

"Yes, you asked me who I wanted to take here."

I smiled at her. "Well, I wanted to bring you here." She looked at me stunned for a minute before smiling and small smile. -God she's so beautiful- I thought as I stared at her.

We sat on the rock and talked for a few minutes.

"I don't think anyone would want to take me here." I said laughing a little.

"Why not? I mean, you're like crazy beautiful." Emily said as she stared in my eyes. I blushed a little.

I leaned toward her and kissed her hard. She kissed back with the same intensity while holding the sides of my face.

*End of Flashback*

I smiled as I remembered that moment with Emily. That was THE moment. The moment I knew I was in love with her. It was also the moment that I knew I could never let her find out. My mom would've never accepted me

I saw that it was getting late so i decided it was time to head home.

Walking into my house I threw my keys on the table and sat on the couch. I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed Emily's number.  In the middle of the second ring it went to voicemail, as expected. I sent her text and then put my phone on the table.

*Flashback*

We're sitting on the couch eating popcorn watching a movie. Well, the movie is playing in the background as we're talking to each other.

"What do you wanna do, Ali?" Emily asked

"I don't know - maybe go into a business with technology or fashion but let's face it, that's has Hanna written all over it."

"I'm sure there's room for the both of you. You'll be great in anything." She said as she touched my shoulder.

My heart skipped a beat at her touch.

"Well what do you wanna do now that you can't swim competitively?" I asked her

"It's not that I can't swim competitively, Ali. I just didn't get the scholarship I was going for." She put her head down.

"Well, I for one think that you deserved it more than that other girl." I said

"Thanks Ali."

I could tell that it still bothered her.

I put my finger under her chin and lifted her face up so I could see her eyes.

"You'll get there, Em. Without the scholarship." I said as I smiled at her

She smiled back. "Thanks Ali."

I looked at her for a minute before I leaned in to kiss her.

*End of Flashback*

I touched my lips and smiled as I still could feel the sparks that I felt that night. 

I took my shoes off and laid on the couch. The image of Emily looking at me sadly flashed in my mind.  "I'm sorry, Em." I whispered, wiping a tear away, before closing my eyes.