14.

"Em... Em.... You have to wake up." I opened my eyes to see broken glass everywhere. Blood was running down my face as I tried to blink.

"Ali..." I said as I tried to move.

"Argh" I cried out in pain. I held onto my side. It was hard to breathe. I closed my eyes and felt myself slipping away.

"Em. Open your eyes." I opened my eyes as I heard her voice again

"Ali?"

"You have to stay awake. I need you. We need you, Emily. Please don't leave us..."

It was getting harder to breathe. Just as I was about to pass out again I heard sirens.

"Hear that Em? Sirens...You're going to be okay."

I closed my eyes and let the darkness consume me.

I woke up gasping for air. I raised up in bed and pulled the covers off of me.

"Em..." I jumped as Ali put her hand on my shoulder.

I looked at her and she raised up. "Are you okay?"

I swallowed. "I'm f-fine." I stuttered while putting my head in my hands.

"Tell me the truth, Em." She said as she started to rub my back.

"I had a n-nightmare."

"About what?" she spoke softly and cautiously.

"It was about the crash. I... umm, woke up in the car and ..." I shook my head as I started to get a headache.

"Come here." She said as she pulled me to her and hugged me. I hugged her back while closing my eyes.

"You're okay, Em. You're not in that car and you're safe."

I nodded my head and let go of her and looked at her. "I'm sorry, Ali."

"For what?" She asked while moving my hair out of my face.

"For waking you up."

She laughed a little. "It's okay, Em. We can just go back to sleep. Are you still tired?"

I nodded my head as I reached on the nightstand and grabbed the pill bottle and took a pain pill.

I laid back down on the pillow and turned to look at Ali. She was looking at me sleepily. I smiled at her and leaned in to kiss her. She tried to deepen the kiss, but I pulled back. "You need to get your rest." I laughed a little when she started to pout. I turned so that I was lying on my back and she moved closer to me and put her face in the crook of my neck. I closed my eyes and fell back to sleep.

************

I was awakened by Ali playing with my hair.

"I didn't mean to wake you up. I was just..." She started to giggle.

"You were just what?" I raised up and rested on the headboard.

Her face softened. "Admiring you." She said with a smile on her face.

"You're cute" I said as she blushed a little. "Do you want to do something today?" I asked while rubbing my eyes

"I just want to stay home. Unless you have something to do or get."

"So, the morning walk is out of the question?" I asked while smiling.

"Well, do you want to go on a walk?"

"Not today." I moved a little and flinched.

"You're still hurting?" She asked while putting her hand on my side.