13) Minsu and Suwoong (Boys Republic) - I'll Protect You (Fluff)

Members: Minsu and Suwoong of Boys Republic

Description: Suwoong is saved from the school bullies by someone he has never met.

Genre: Fluff

Inspiration: My brain.

Walking down the hallway at his school was always a rather scary adventure for Suwoong. This was due to the fact that he was the selected target of the school's infamous bullying trio: Weonjun, Seonwoo, and Sungjun.

Suwoong didn't know what he did to deserve to be treated like a piece of garbage by the three boys, nor did he remember doing anything out of his place to them. It was like a predator that spotted a new prey it has never seen before; they just spread out their paws, sharpened their claws, and pounced on him one day.

His steps were slow in a cautious way as he made his way down the shiny, tiled hallway. Suwoong would look around in different directions every few seconds to see if they were about to sneak up on him, or if he felt like he was being followed. He would then sigh in relief when he realized the coast was clear and proceed with walking.

However, Suwoong never got to let out that sigh of relief when he turned around for what seemed like the millionth time since he had left last period. Instead, he was gifted with a harsh push against one of the rows of lockers that were attached to the walls.

"Well, well, well," Sungjun said with an evil smirk on his lips as he held Suwoong's shoulders against the painted metal. "If it isn't our favorite play toy Suwoong."

"We missed you yesterday, buddy," Seonwoo said, coming up beside him and getting a little too close for comfort. "Where were you?"

"I-I was sick," Suwoong said, stretching the truth a bit. He wasn't physically sick, but rather he was sick of their bullying.

"Sick, huh?" Seonwoo said in slight disbelief, his eyebrows raising as Suwoong nodded his head lightly. "What? Did you have the flu? Or was it a cold?"

"My stomach hurt really bad." Another lie.

"Boys, boys, come on now," Weonjun, the trio's leader and the worst out of all of them, said as he held his hands in the air for a few seconds, his steps drawing closer to Suwoong. "Leave the poor kid alone. He was sick yesterday, after all. I'd imagine he's still recovering. Am I right, Suwoong?" Suwoong lowered his head in an attempt to avoid eye contact with the intimidating male in front of him, then nodded his head mutely.

"Yah," Weonjun said in a more stern voice, making Suwoong flinch a little in response. "It's not respectful to look away from someone when you answer them. Look at me. Now." Suwoong was hesitant to do so, but he knew that his beating would be a lot worse if he didn't listen to Weonjun. So, he slowly started to lift his head, but didn't get to bring it fully before Weonjun grabbed a hold of his chin, putting an especially tight grip on it.

"How should we beat you today?" he asked devilishly. Suwoong's breathing hitched before it started to pick up speed.

"You aren't going to beat him in any way." The unfamiliar voice came from down the hall a bit, making all four males turn their head in that direction. All of a sudden, someone Suwoong had never seen before walked up to them, his eyes forming a glare that was directed at the trio.

"Who the hell are you?" Seonwoo asked, shifting his body slightly so that he was facing the stranger.

"Never mind who I am or even who you are," he said. "All I want to know is why you are picking on this kid." Seonwoo and Sungjun turned their heads to look at Suwoong, who had shock and bewilderment written all across his face.

"Oh this one," Weonjun said as he moved out from in front of Suwoong and put an arm around him, now at his side. "He's our friend. We were just joking around a little."

"You sure about that?" he said. "Because that's not what it looked like to me."

"Well then maybe you need to go pay a visit to your eye doctor," Weonjun said. "But that's not my problem, now is it, which would make what's going on here none of your business."

"Look," the boy said, taking a few steps closer to Weonjun and his gang. "I don't know why you're picking on him, but I do know that you need to stop before you do something you'll come to regret."

"Is that a bet?" Sungjun asked as he walked closer to him, getting in his face. "You wanna go kid? Because I promise you I'll kick your ass within five minutes."

"Yah," Weonjun said, placing a hand on his shoulder to hold him back. "He's not worth it. Plus, there's always tomorrow." Seonwoo and Sungjun just kind of looked at Weonjun in confusion for a few seconds. "Come on. We'll see you later, Suwoong. Maybe then we can have a proper talk." Suwoong's muscles tensed up a bit in response before Weonjun removed his arm from around him and walked away, Seonwoo and Sungjun following after him closely.

"Are you okay?" the boy asked, walking up to Suwoong with nothing but concern in his eyes. Suwoong just looked at him for a few silent seconds, his lips parted as if he was going to speak.

"U-Uh...yeah I'm fine," he answered, still feeling slightly flustered.

"Good," he replied with a light sigh. "Do they always pick on you like that?"

"Yeah." Suwoong nodded.

"Douchebags," he said as he looked down the hall in the direction the trio had walked. Suwoong felt a faint smile creep up on his lips as his eyes focused on the boy in front of him. "Oh, I'm Minsu, by the way. I'm new here," he said, turning back to face Suwoong.

"I-I'm Suwoong," Suwoong said in a timid and slightly shaky voice. Minsu couldn't help smile at the younger male as he noticed his cheeks turn a light shade of red.

"Well, Suwoong," Minsu said as he sighed and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "You won't have to worry about those guys anymore. I'll protect you." Suwoong instantly felt his cheeks warm up at Minsu's words, causing him to blink his eyes rapidly. Minsu chuckled a little and scratched the back on his neck. "So, I don't suppose you'd be interested in showing me to my next class, would you?" Minsu asked.

"Um..." Suwoong started to say in embarrassment from his loss of words. "S-Sure." Minsu smiled again and nodded his head.

"Well after you," he said, motioning the way with his hand.

"Right, we should go now, you know, so we aren't late or anything like that," Suwoong said, his words coming out as fast as a cheetah when it runs on land. Minsu laughed at him as he scurried ahead of him, almost shuffling his feet down the hall with three words implanted in his head.

I'll protect you.