43) Suho and Taemin (EXO and SHINee) - What Friends Are For (Smut)

Members: Suho of EXO and Taemin of SHINee

Description: In a trip back in time, Suho helps Taemin through a hard time during his trainee days.

Genre: Smut

Inspiration: My brain and TylerHerondale because she requested this and yeah :)

Countdown till the end: 17

Getting the opportunity to be a trainee at SM entertainment was like a dream come true for Taemin. He had always wanted a chance to be one of those idols that millions upon millions of people look up to and he couldn't believe that he was actually on his way to achieving that. He knew how much hard work he would have to put into his training, but he never expected it to be so vigorous and strenuous.

Taemin was put into a group with four older boys and most of the time they practiced together, but they were also required to practice alone in order to improve their individual skills. He actually preferred to practice alone most times; those were the times that he had time to be alone with his thoughts. However, these days his thoughts were beginning to act more as his enemy and less like his ally.

He would spend hours practicing and trying to perfect his dancing, which would sometimes lead him into the late hours of the night. He barely ever ate because he had grilled it in his head that eating took away practice time, and whenever he did it was always something small and barely fulfilling. Young Taemin was tired and thought about giving up and going back home where he was comfortable.

One night when he was down in the practice room, he got a visit from one of the other trainees whose name was Suho. They had gotten to be close friends through Jongin, another one of Taemin's trainee friends whom he had known long before they had become trainees. Taemin admired Suho and his perseverance very much; he sometimes even wished he could be him.

Suho had been cast one year after Taemin, but he sure didn't let that one-year difference show in how hard he worked. He, like Taemin, would spend a lot of nights down in the practice room dancing or working on his vocals. Judging from the way he worked so efficiently, one would guess he was set to debut the next week, but that was far from reality. Suho had no idea what year he would debut or who he would debut with, but he didn't let the unknown tamper with his training one bit.

That was precisely why Taemin admired Suho. To him, it was like he had no fears or at least none that he showed. Suho and Taemin had the chance to grow closer over time and now it was like they had known each other for years.

"Another late night, huh?" Suho said as he entered the practice room, closing the door before walking over to Taemin.

"Yeah," Taemin said with a tired and heavy sigh. "I was bored, so I thought I might as well use my time wisely."

"That's good," Suho said as he took a seat on one of the benches. "A little extra practice never hurts."

"Yeah, I guess so," Taemin said, running a hand through his hair while the other was resting on his hip. Suho cocked his head to the side slightly, his eyes narrowed in concern as he watched Taemin. He was never very good at reading people, but he could tell that there was most definitely something weighing on Taemin's mind.

"Is everything okay, Taemin-ah?" Suho asked, the sound of his voice causing Taemin to spin around and face him.

"Oh, yeah," Taemin said, clearly lying. "Everything is great."

"Are you sure about that?" Suho said with a raised eyebrow. Taemin just kind of looked at the elder male for a few brief seconds before sighing in defeat and saying pathetically,