38) Daehyun and Youngjae (B.A.P) - That Clock (Angst)

Members: Daehyun and Youngjae of B.A.P

Description: Youngjae finally decides that he has had enough of Daehyun's games.

Genre: Angst

Inspiration: The song "You Ruin Me" by The Veronicas and "I'm Not The Only One" by Sam Smith

Countdown till the end: 22

The sunlight of the afternoon scorched the city as Youngjae sat in the apartment's living room, his eyes glued on the digital clock under the television. It always seemed like it counted the years instead of the minutes when he found himself in this exact spot, which seemed to be more often nowadays.

Youngjae's life wasn't always focused around the clock though. He barely used to glance at the old thing except when he was rushing around. He didn't even like the damn thing if he was being perfectly honest; he was so used to having a clock with two hands hanging on the wall that he sometimes thought of throwing it out or smashing it to pieces with a baseball bat. But the more he kept staring at it, the more it grew on him and the more he got used to it. Besides, this wasn't just any digital clock. This digital clock was special, at least to Youngjae it was.

It was years ago when his husband Daehyun bought it for him on his way home from work. During those days, Daehyun would always walk through the door at precisely three o'clock when the short hand was pointing to the three and the long hand was pointing at the twelve.

"I saw it sitting in the window and couldn't just leave it there," he had said as his reason for buying it. "I know you love that wall clock, but I thought that having one like this would make things a little more easy for you." Youngjae wasn't exactly pleased with the gift, but he accepted it out of his appreciation and love for his husband. His gifts weren't always up to Youngjae's personal liking, but he ended up falling in love with them anyway since they were from Daehyun.

Over the next few months, Daehyun's theory of a digital clock being easier to use was proved right. Youngjae had finally gotten the job he so badly wanted, writing for one of the city's most well-known magazines, so he suddenly found himself needing to leave their condo early in the morning. That meant he could say goodbye to Daehyun before he headed off to work, as he had to rise early from his sleep as well.

Everything seemed normal and on routine at that time with the two males leaving at the same time and returning at around the same time. With Youngjae cooking dinner and Daehyun helping by cleaning up as he cooked and setting the table with two spots. Everything seemed happy and normal for the young couple, at least at that time it did.

As time went on though, Youngjae could feel a divide gradually going up in their relationship. Daehyun would return home from work at 3:30 instead of 3:00, and then that 3:30 turned into 4:00 and sometimes even 4:30. Youngjae had asked him on several occasions why he was so late, but he always supplied him with the same answer. "Work was busy."

Youngjae began to suspect that Daehyun was cheating on him with someone from the office, but he never actually told him about it for a long time. For months on end he lived with his doubts, but denied them and kept telling himself that he was just over thinking or not getting enough sleep at night. For months that worked, until that day came and he could no longer pretend.

Youngjae had to work late on that terrible night since he had a few more articles to write than he normally would have. That clock read 8:47 P.M. when he opened the front door of their apartment and all he wanted to do was go lay next to Daehyun in his bed. But that wish of his began to lose life the closer he got to the bedroom door. It was obvious that there was another person in the room with Daehyun. Youngjae could tell because he knew the sounds his husband made during sex and they certainly didn't sound that feminine.