58) Vernon and Seungkwan (SEVENTEEN) - My Silly Crush (Fluff)

Members: Vernon and Seungkwan of SEVENTEEN

Description: After his secret gets out, Seungkwan is forced to come to terms with his crush on Vernon.

Genre: Fluff

Inspiration: My brain.

Countdown till the end: 2 plus 1 bonus one shot

A/N - Can I please to take a minute to talk about how much I love SEVENTEEN? I don't know how many times I've listened to their album! They are literally 13 angels that were sent from heaven to save me. They are like EXO when I first got into them, I changed my bias so many times from Vernon to Jeonghan (God, I love his hair. I want to touch it so badly) to Jun to Joshua to Woozi to Hoshi and now I'm back at Joshua. I think he is going to be the umma of the group. Anyway, I'm done now. Please carry on with reading.

Seungkwan's POV

It had been a pretty quiet day in the dorm since we had finally gotten a break from all of our promotions and what not. While I was catching up on some reading in the room I shared with Jeonghan and Hoshi, the other 12 members were out in the living area either watching television or something else to keep them amused. I finished reading the last word on the page and had just flipped to the next when Jeonghan walked in looking cheery as usually.

"Hey, hyung," I said, greeting him briefly before concentrating back on my book.

"Hi," he replied as he walked over to his bed to check his phone, which was plugged into the wall and charging. "Whatcha you doin'?"

"Oh, just reading," I said, holding up my book briefly. "You?"

"Nothing as fun as reading," he said, the sarcasm in his voice only making me smirk. "So..." he said a few seconds later, letting his voice stretch out as he came and sat on my bed. "Have you talked to him yet?"

"What do you think?" I said, setting my book in my lap and looking at him. "No, I haven't told him yet."

"My god, Seungkwan," he whined, throwing his head back a little as he spoke. "What is so difficult about telling someone that you like them?"

"Gee, I don't know," I said, finally giving up on finishing the chapter and setting my book aside. "Maybe the fact that I like a guy and, oh yeah, a guy that's in the same group as me."

"Bull crap," Jeonghan said, batting his hand and making me roll my eyes. "That's no excuse to not tell him."

"Whatever," I said with a heavy sigh as I scooted to the edge of my bed. "You wouldn't understand how I feel anyway."

"Wanna bet?" he said, making me turn around once I was on my feet with furrowed eyebrows.

"You like someone in the group, too?" I asked.

"No," he answered with a chuckle, making my lips turn into a frown. "But I have liked a guy before and I know how it feels to be afraid to tell someone you aren't supposed to like that you like them."

"It's not so much that I'm afraid," I said as he walked closer to me before sitting on the bed once again. "I guess I'm just worried if all my worrying and doubts are worth it, you know? I mean, what if it's just another one of my silly crushes?"

"Then it's another silly crush, so what?" he said with a shrug. "We've all had crushes on people, but the thing that makes other people stick from the crowd is whether you decide to talk to your crush or not."

"I guess so, but," I started, letting out a sigh as I sat next to him, "I don't really want to go throw the trouble of confessing to only have it turn out like that."

"Wouldn't it be worth it, though?" he said. "Sure, you might be disappointed with how things end up, but Seungkwan, you'll never know if it's a crush that you'll get over or one that could genuinely turn into something real."

I sighed again, this time lowering my head. "But what if he never wants to talk to me again after I tell him, huh?" I said as I picked my head back. "How awkward would that be?"

"Vernon isn't like that and you know it," he said, hitting me lightly on the arm. "Just stop making excuses and tell him how you feel. Even if he doesn't return your feelings in the way you hope, at least you can be at ease since he would know."

"Ugh," I groaned, temporarily resting my face in my hands. "I hate it when you're right." He laughed and patted my shoulder before standing up and exiting the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts once again. Why does having a crush have to be so hard?

AFTER DINNER...

I was getting ready to go to bed while the other members were preparing to watch some sort of horror movie out in the living room. I would have watched it with them, but I wasn't really in the mood to do anything but sleep. Plus, I figured if I could have some more alone time I would be able to come up with a solution to my problem by tomorrow. With my blankets pulled back and pillows in place, I was just about to get in bed when I heard the doorknob being twisted, the door pushing open to reveal the one person I did not want to see right now.

"Hey," Vernon said. "Aren't you gonna watch the movie with us? I heard it's supposed to be really scary."

"No," I replied with a small shake of my head, trying to keep myself calm. "I'm really tired and we have a schedule tomorrow so I'm gonna need my rest."

"Right," he said with a slow head nod. He peeked his head out of the door quickly before closing it and walking over to my bed, each one of his footsteps making me more nervous. "Are you sure that there's not something else bothering you?" he questioned in more of a soft tone of voice.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm sure," I said. "Why did you ask?"

"You don't have to keep pretending, Seungkwan," he said, shifting to face me a bit more. "Jeonghan told me that you liked me." I sighed in annoyance and lowered my head into my hands.

"That snitch," I mumbled before lifting my head back up slowly. "You don't hate me, do you? Because if you do, that's perfectly fine and I'll understand."

"Well, I'm sorry to tell you, but I don't hate you," he said with a small chuckle, his words catching me by surprise.

"You don't?" I asked in disbelief.

"Nope," he said, shaking his head this time as he spoke.

"But why not?" I said, earning another laugh from him.

"Why not? Do you want me to hate you?" he asked with a grin on his lips.

"No, God, no," I said as I shook my head perhaps a bit too frantically. "I just thought that, you know, if you found out that another guy liked you that you would be upset or something."

"Well, I'm not," he said. "It's only natural to like people and I wasn't raised to believe that who you like changes that."

"That's a relief," I said, letting out a huge sigh and letting my entire body relax. "I thought for sure that if you found out that things would be awkward between us."

"Nope," he said with a smile, popping the p sound. "Nothing's changed. At least not yet." I didn't know exactly what he meant by that, but I got the feeling that it was meant to give me a little bit of hope. "Well," he said with a light sigh as he stood up. "I'm better get back out there before they start the movie. You can join us if you want. I'll save you a spot next to me."

"I'll think about it," I said, trying prevent my cheeks from blushing too much while he was still there. He flashed me one last smile before opening the door and walking through it, not shutting it completely but instead leaving a thin crack. I slapped my hand against my cheek a few times, starting to feel even more conflicted than before.

At least not yet. Did that mean he liked me back or did it mean something completely different? I didn't know for sure, but then I thought back to what Jeonghan had told me earlier about never knowing until I at least tried. And know that Vernon was aware of my feelings, I thought that finding an answer to my question might not be so difficult. I smiled to myself a little and got out of bed, making sure to take a blanket with me before heading out into the living room.