36) Xiumin and Chen (EXO) - Doesn't Change A Thing (Fluff, slight angst)

Members: Xiumin and Chen of EXO

Description: After they go to college, Chen begins to realize that he and Xiumin might not be as close as they used to be.

Genre: Fluff, slight angst

Inspiration: The person who requested! :) @Giggles_for_Kpop

Countdown till the end: 24

Xiumin and Chen were the poster children for best friends. Since their childhood, the two males had been by each others side, through the good and through the bad. They had survived kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, and high school together, and not once did they ever stop being best friends. Sure they had their occasional fights like any other best friends would, but they also made up within a few hours after the fight. And now they were taking on the real world together, as they were both attending Hanyang University for different majors. Xiumin was working towards his degree in physical fitness while Chen was singing his way towards a degree in music.

They both had mostly afternoon classes so they could spend the morning hanging out like they used to when they were younger. Chen loved to spend time with Xiumin, especially because they were roommates, and thought it wouldn't be bad if he could every minute of the rest of his life talking to him. Xiumin usually had a lot more to say than Chen, but Chen never minded just listening and watching Xiumin as he talked about how his day was and even what he had to eat that day. It was one of his favorite pass times and he wouldn't have had it any other way.

But just as they were both starting to figure out who they were, the two males started to drift apart. At that's what it felt like to Chen. Classes had been getting busier and by this time both of them had jobs to get to. However, most of the lost time between Chen and Xiumin was because of all the time Xiumin was spending with Luhan.

Luhan was also going for a degree in physical fitness, but he wanted to be a trainer and Xiumin wanted to open up his own gym. Despite their differing career goals, Luhan and Xiumin had a lot of the same classes, so needless to say they got the chance to become close quickly. This made Chen feel left out because he hardly ever got to see his best friend anymore.

In the mornings whenever Chen would try to make conversation with Xiumin, Xiumin would always be rushing around and barely give him completely answers. He always seemed to be going somewhere with Luhan. "I'm going for a run with Luhan" or "Luhan said he would take me out to breakfast today"; those were always his reasons for not being able to talk to Chen, among lots of others that included Luhan.

Chen had gotten close with other students as well, like Kyungsoo and Baekhyun from one of his music classes. They were really nice and quite entertaining to watch, as Kyungsoo was always issuing death threats to Baekhyun whenever he would make fun of his height or mock the fact that he was always with his boyfriend whose name was Kai. Kyungsoo was one of the few openly gay students at the university, but Chen didn't mind because he never had anything against gay people. If anything, being around Kyungsoo made him question his own feelings for Xiumin.

Chen never took too much interest in boys or girls, although he dated a few girls back in high school for a while. He was just too occupied with Xiumin to care about having a real relationship with anyone. But the real issue at hand involved one question: did he still like Xiumin as just a best friend?