55) Henry and Amber (Super Junior-M, f(x)) - Polar Opposites (Fluff)

Members: Henry of Super Junior-M, also a solo artist, and Amber of f(x), also a solo artist

Description: The two least compatible people in school prove that opposites really do attract.

Genre: Fluff

Inspiration: Ma brain

Countdown till the end: 5

Neither Henry nor Amber enjoyed waking up at six in the morning for school, and neither of them could wait until the last dismissal bell of the school year rang and the time that they could spend a whole day in bed. But while those were two things that most students in their school had in common, their hatred of school and affection for summer break were the only things that this boy and girl had in common. Excluding the noticeable similarities between them, Henry Lau and Amber Liu were the poster children and exact definitions of polar opposites.

Amber wasn't your typical girl next door at all. In fact, sometimes people couldn't even tell that she was a girl at all. Most of her friends were guys and her entire home life was made up of brothers, that is ruling out her mother, of course. Throughout her whole life, she had grown up with the influences of boys and that showed in her modern-day self. Her hair wasn't long and thin like others girls at her school and her clothes didn't match theirs either, her most comfortable style being a pair of shorts and a t-shirt with some patterns on it. Amber was happy with herself and was proud to be different from every other girl that she had seen; she embraced her unique look.

And that, my friends, is exactly where the difference between her and Henry starts. While Amber's life goal was to be herself, Henry's was to be the person that everyone liked, and if that meant changing up his style a trillion different times so be it. But his efforts to fit in didn't go without reward, as he was one of the most popular guys in school. Every boy in school wanted Henry to their wingman and best friend and every girl wanted to be alone with him despite his playboy reputation.

But underneath all their differences lied one similarity that would eventually bring them together, they just didn't know it yet.

It was well past the end of the school day and while Amber was brushing up on her basketball skills in the gymnasium, Henry was just finishing up in the music room. The song was one he had been working on for a while now, but on the down; he had a reputation to keep and being a sentimental songwriter did not fit into that reputation very well. With that in mind, he decided that it would be best for him to spend an hour or so there when no one else was around. He was moving some things around in his backpack when he walked past the gymnasium, almost running into the opened door.

"Who the hell would leave this open?" he mumbled in annoyance as he was about to close it, stopping when he heard the bouncing of a ball coming from inside. Henry looked inside, his feet standing in the doorway, and saw Amber in there, recognizing her almost instantly. The two had met briefly through one of Amber's friends, but they didn't take to each other well, so they weren't exactly pals. Regardless of the label on their relationship, Henry still enjoyed picking on her every once and a while, only to have her give it right back to him.

"I didn't know they were letting girls on the basketball team now," Henry said, a sly smirk painted on his face. Amber looked up at him mid-dribble and mentally rolled her eyes.

"And I didn't know that spoiled, pretty boys knew what a gym was," Amber retaliated. "Careful, the floor might ruin your shoes."

"Good one, llama girl," he replied, putting a hand over his heart and pretending to be hurt. "That hit me right in the feels."

Amber rolled her eyes and groaned. "What are you even doing here?" she asked, turning around and bouncing the ball on the floor a couple times before aiming it at the basket and shooting it, landing it in right in the basket. "I'm sure you posey already left."