Chapter 23

3rd POV. Kagaya's Quarters, Ubuyashiki Estate.

Ubuyashiki Kagaya, the 97th Leader of the Demon Slayer Corps, and the current Head of the Ubuyashiki Family.

Unlike Muzan who holds his demons with fear.......

Kagaya leads the Corps with respect. Even though in the past, he was subjected to slander. An example of this is when Shinazugawa Sanemi, before he became the Wind Pillar, he was angry at Kagaya because of Masachika's death.

But Kagaya took the criticism gracefully, even apologizing to Sanemi. Apologizing to Sanemi that Kagaya also wanted to lay his own body and life to protect innocent people, but whenever he even perform a single swing of a sword, it drains his strength almost immediately.

Not to mention, the Hashiras during that time, Giyu, Gyomei, Kanae, and Tengen, told Sanemi that Kagaya memorized the names of every Demon Slayers and even their background when he became the leader. The fact that Kagaya even read Masachika's will.......this is how the Wind Pillar gained his utmost respect for the Master.

In some cases, there are individuals who could tell right away that Kagaya is a respected person, even just from the first glance alone. The first who achieved this feat is none other than Uchiha Sasuke.

Ever since Sasuke joined the Corps, even without his Sharingan, he knew that Kagaya's heart is filled with respect and humility to everyone. Which in turn, he gained respect of the Hashiras.

But what surprised Sasuke even more is that he knew the history of the Uchiha Clan: their ancestry beginning from Amaterasu to Indra, the founding of the Uchiha Clan, the background of the Uchiha Clan's two forbidden genjutsus (Izanagi and Izanami), Uchiha Madara and the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan.

Sasuke wasn't really able to learn the Uchiha Clan's history because his father died when both he and his younger brother were still young.

So, Sasuke learned of the Uchiha Clan's long history, history that was filled with conflict and especially, hatred. Yet times change, and the fact that the Uchiha Clan's pacifist nature still somewhat prevailed, Sasuke never denied the dark history of his clan, in fact, he took it as a lesson to never let the Curse of Hatred destroy everything again.

Knowing the risks of joining the Corps, Sasuke decided to write his journal, his life with his family, his recollections, the demons he encountered, the friends that he made in the Corps, Naruto and Shisui, and his message for his younger brother, Sora, in any case that Sasuke will meet his end.

He also wrote upon the journal on how the Sharingan is activated by extreme emotions such as hatred, grief, and love.

As for losing a loved one, the manifestations of the Mangekyo Sharingan, their diversity to each Uchiha, in terms of pattern and even abilities. In fact, Sasuke believed that if Sora ever awakens his Mangekyo Sharingan, his younger brother might also possess the Amaterasu, the Visual Prowess of Sasuke's Mnagekyo Sharingan.

His reason is because they are brothers.

Once Sasuke concluded his journal, he gave it to Kagaya for safekeeping, and in the right time, to hand it over to Sora. The Master kept his promise that if something ever happens to Sasuke, he'll take care of Sora.