Chapter 36

Meanwhile at the Butterfly Estate.

After Sora escaped from the Butterfly Estate....

Kanae and Shinobu interrogated the trio about their involvement with the last surviving member of the Uchiha Clan.

Shinobu: So......

Shinobu: Mind telling us why are you talking with that murderer?

Inosuke: MIND TELLING US WHY DID YOU JUST ATTACKED HIM!? I THOUGHT HURTING CIVILIANS IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE DEMON SLAYER CORPS!?

Shinobu: Shut up, Boar Head! I'm the one asking questions here!

Kanae: Shinobu, calm down. Also, Inosuke-kun has a point. But I guess they wouldn't understand if we don't tell them what really happened.

Zenitsu: What really happened?

Silence fell upon the group......

Before Kanae broke the silence.

Kanae: Uchiha Sora is actually.....

Kanae: Our childhood friend.

Tanjiro: !?

Kanae: We know the Uchiha Family, but we never knew that they are actually a clan.

Kanae: We only learned about it through Oyakata-sama.

Kanae: Anyways......

Kanae: Sora is actually a friend of mine.

Kanae: He and his mother, Misaki-obasan would visit the village to deliver medicinal flowers to my parents as they run a pharmacy.

Kanae: However, I met Sora back then.....when I was 6 years old. He is the same age as me.

Tanjiro: So they're childhood friends and knew each other for a very long time......is nii-san the one Shinobu-san was talking about back then at the roof?

Kanae: I first met him when he was staring at the sky.

Kanae: At first I don't even know why is he staring at the sky for so long.

Kanae: He is sitting under the tree.

Kanae: So, I sat beside him and at first I don't know how will I greet him. Not until I saw his eyes and they were as blue as the sky.

----------------

Kanae's POV. Flashback.

I asked the boy with a pair of blue eyes.

Kanae: Why are you staring at the sky? Is there something or someone that you want to find there?

I knew I just asked a very awkward question and it just went quiet......

Until he answered.

???: No particular reason at all.

???: It's just....the sky is beautiful when it is so clear.