Chapter 49

3rd POV. Butterfly Estate.

After Sora and Tanjiro received the letter from Kagaya, they changed their clothes and went to see the Water Hashira, Giyuu.

But before they left......Kanae wanted to talk to Sora for a moment.

Kanae: Um, Sora, I think you already know about the ongoing Hashira Training, right?

Sora: Yeah.

Kanae: Can you also help me train? I want to improve as well.

Kanae: I don't want to be the only who is being protected. I also want to protect you, too!

Sora warmly smiled at her.

Sora: Sure. But I'm not yet fully recovered. So it may take a long time.

Sora: Not to mention, Tanjiro and I got a task from Oyakata-sama.

Kanae: I see.

Sora gently taps Kanae's forehead.

Sora: Maybe next time.

Sora and Tanjiro left the Butterfly Estate as Kanae sends them off.

Kanae slightly blushed on Sora's earlier gesture, as she gently puts a hand on her chest.

Kanae: Have a safe trip.

With Kagami's guidance, the brothers made their way to where Giyuu is currently living.

Since Tanjiro's leg is not yet better, he is walking with a crutch, and Sora would sometimes carry Tanjiro if he's tired.

Sora: So, Giyuu is the one wearing the mismatched haori, right?

Tanjiro: Yeah. I wonder what is the meaning of that, though.

Sora: Hmmm, if I remember it correctly, I bought this haori in remembrance of my mother and her love for flowers.

Tanjiro: That will explain the blue color and the flower designs on it.

Tanjiro: You also created a scarf out of the same fabric.

Sora: Yeah.

Sora: Anyways, Kagami, how much further?

Kagami: It's up ahead.

They finally arrived at the home of the Water Hashira, Tomioka Giyuu.

Tanjiro: Excuse me. Tomioka-saaaaaaan. Heeeeey. Giyuu-san?

Tanjiro: Hellooooo.

Tanjiro: It's me, Kamado Tanjiro!

Sora: He's not answering.

Tanjiro: Alright, guess we just have to go in.

Sora: Wha—that's rude. Don't just enter other people's property without permission!

But Tanjiro opened the door and they saw a man wearing a mismatched haori.

Sora: Oh, there he is......