Chapter 365 The Dark Moon Child, A Starry Night

The sandy winds brushed across the sky as the desert view swept by at an alarming speed. Feng Yu and his comrades sat calmly atop the Void Rending Carpet, taking in the scenes as they flew by rapidly. They would see remnants of ancient relics or steles from unknown heritages. It was a unique sight, capable of filling one with the mood for adventure, but sadly, that was only a part of its setting.

With a series of explosions, energy clusters collided before a pillar of light in the distance, drawing Feng Yu's group's attention. They saw a battle taking place there, two distinct groups covered in rags and dregs as they fought over its secret.

"Die!" The warriors on both sides shouted, not intending to converse more words. They charged at each other like two armies, entangling in seconds as some got chopped in two by an opponent's blade, and others turned into ash due to another's unique technique.

A brutal scene unfolded as the corpses of both sides littered the dunes, blood flowing everywhere as groans and screams filled the area.

"So horrible," Miren Fei said with a look of pity, not bothering to look at the scene below anymore.

"Indeed, but this is nature's way," Myria said as she had unknowingly sat herself down on Miren Fei's shoulder.

"Miss Myria is right. Such a scene is like an everyday scuffle for our desert clans. The strong fight for treasures, and the weak fall prey to their hands," He Xiu said with an unconcerned look.

"So true, our Eastern Wilds was like this not so long ago," Tuzi Baoli said with pain in her eyes.

Miren sighed and nodded; she knew the two were correct and that there was nothing that could change this natural law. Unlike her, however, everyone else looked at the scene differently.

"Such a lively battle; it makes my blood boil," Toram said while cracking his knuckles.

"It sure does, my husband; a pity we can't join in," Tira said as she licked her lips.

Tiana, the only one who seemed normal, only looked at the chaos with innocent eyes as she giggled while pointing to a few wounded figures.

"Haha, look, that guy got wrecked, serves him right, who told him to challenge that fellow? I mean, look at him. He's radiating intense might!" Lang Kuang laughed as he pointed to a skinny warrior in rags that got severed into two halves by a muscular man's axe.

The burly man seemed excited at his victory. He raised his axe and roared while emitting a dense wave of his Warrior realm energy, intimidating most of the warriors on the battlefield.

"Tch, such an amateur, what's he shouting for? The battle isn't even over," Kong Jintian mocked at the man as his eyes looked behind him.

Lang Kuang snickered as he glanced at the scene, noticing a tiny fellow that suddenly appeared behind the man with a ruthless glint in his red eyes. He wore a black coat with his face covered by a dark mask as his hair flowed upward like needles. Curiously, this man sported beady red earrings with the symbols of a dark moon and a temple engraved on their surface.

The burly man was in a joyous mood at his opponent's fear. He prepared to kill the enemy leader but soon found that he had gone missing. At that moment, a surge of danger rose within him. He hurried to react as he felt a chill behind his back, but it was a pity; it was too late as a sharp pain came from his chest.

Shocked, he looked down only to see a scimitar plunge deeply into his heart. His body felt cold as he struggled to slant his head and glanced at his enemy from the corner of his eye.

"You... bas...tard..." he uttered weakly, but even as he spoke, the slender man ruthlessly pulled out his weapon and kicked his back, causing him to tumble forward. He fell onto his face with a loud thud, his body now unmoving as a pool of blood formed around him.