Chapter 289 A Dark Night, An Unexpected Result

The nights of the desert were rather splendid, especially the hours of the deepest night, like most cities and regions they were filled with a collection of bright, colorful stars, each shining as they showed the vastness of the cosmos.

It was a quiet night for the bustling Dry Town, the previous excitement of the morning now faded as many had already closed up shops to call an end to a full day's worth of activities.

Other than vendors and storekeepers alike, the wanderers and practitioners from various influences, be it southerners or those from other areas, had already turned in as they knew full well that journeys across these sands would require them in well-rested condition.

A cool wind blew across a large inn at the central parts of the town, the nightly sand dust wafting across the streets as the whistling wind carried a trace of grimness.

Swoosh! Suddenly, a light movement sound was heard as a silhouette stealthily moved towards the inn. Behind him were a few more silhouettes which after coming to a halt on a nearby building's roof, were revealed as a few men in armor.

The eyes of the leading armored male showed a cold look as he glanced a few windows of the inn and raised his hand, causing the others to grasp their weapons, but before he could do anything, there was a change.

Whoosh! As if like the wind, a few familiar looking cloaked individuals that wore black facial masks covering their mouths with curved blades on their backs appeared from another side. Their eyes similarly stared at the windows of interest as the leader glanced at the other party with a hint of surprise.

Both parties looked at each other before the leaders nodded their heads and focused on the windows.

At this time, a few other parties were observing their actions in the dark, each of which was positioned a fair enough distance.

One would notice that a few among these individuals were those with familiar faces, persons such as Mo Dang, Du Nuan, Jin Chin, Cheng Ba, Lu Wei, and even the strange duo, Hong Tu and Zi Lei.

Xia Rou and Ye Wang didn't seem to have much interest in this scene. Therefore, they didn't show up, but other than Cheng Ba and Jin Chin, who had bits of concern on their faces, the rest were only here to see the end result.

"Senior Brother Cheng, will Mr. Yu be okay?" Jin Chin asked with a look of worry in her eyes.

Cheng Ba gave the forces belonging to the Wuqi Clan and the Bandit Union an in-depth and solemn look before he replied, "Although these guys aren't as powerful as those Midnight Temple assassins from last time, they should each be able to pressure him and his allies. Maybe if they work together, I believe that they can come out of it after a fierce battle."

Jin Chin heaved a sigh of relief at those words, but her worry didn't lessen as it was only a maybe, and that was only if there was nothing unexpected.

Currently, Mo Dang had a sour look on his face as he stared at the poisonous woman at his side when he spoke, "Why have you taken an interest in this bunch? It's not like they are anything special..."

Du Nuan's eyes flashed in a strange light as she stared at the inn in the distance in silence, Mo Dang narrowed his eyes but said nothing more, he knew that at the end of the day, any chance of him rising up again rested on her shoulders.

Much like those two, Hong Tu and Zi Lei of the unknown bloodline clans were observing from a different area, each of their eyes shining as they stared on in curiosity.

"Let's see how much of a tiger they truly are..." Zi Lei said with a competitive gleam in her eyes.

Hong Tu, on the other hand, shook his head while he watched on silently.