Chapter 05 - The Ancestral Pheonix Clan

Read chapters ahead on my website: https://www.shadowsnet.com

Read on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7912KX

*****

Sitting on a mat in the center of the hut, Feng Junling reached for a jar of wine and started to chug it down. He looked at Feng Yu, who currently sat before him, with an earnest appearance on his face.

"Our Feng Family Clan has an extremely ancient history. It was only about a 100 years ago we used to reside in a place far away from here. This place was known as, the 'Sacred Domain.' It is a land situated within the core of this continent we live on, which is known as the True Yuan Continent."

Listening carefully to his uncle, Feng Yu was suddenly enlightened. He thought, "So that's how it is. No wonder our bloodline is so special. It seems that this world is as vast as my old world."

Not paying much attention to his nephew, Feng Junling continued with a lost look on his face, "There are 7 Supreme Bloodline Families in the world, each of them unique due to being connected to a mighty Primordial Ancient Being. The Thunder Dragon Clan, Elf Monarch Clan, Fairy Tribe, Devil Emperor Clan, Beastman Clan, White Tiger Clan and lastly our Ancestral Phoenix Clan. "

"Apart from these clans, there are hundreds of other groups with minor bloodlines from beings of a common heritage. But this does not mean that bloodlines clans are the strongest. Apart from bloodline clans, there are Ancient War Saint Heritages, these clans are in no way inferior to either our Supreme Bloodline Clans or Lesser Bloodline Clans. These Families practice Inherited Techniques classed as Supreme Tier. These typically emphasize a weapon of mastery and 'Secret Techniques' that can increase battle prestige no inferior to bloodline prestige.

Curious Feng Yu suddenly asked, "Uncle Junling, I find it strange that they can still compare to bloodline might. Couldn't we use those mystical techniques to increase our bloodline might?"

Smiling at Feng Yu's question, Feng Junling suddenly gestured towards a table. Following his gesture, Feng Yu was even more confused as he looked at the full glass jar of water.

Suddenly, Feng Junling motioned his hand towards another jug of water which also flew over. Then, he looked at Feng Yu and said, "A Jar can only hold so much water, what do you think will happen if you constantly add more water while preventing any of it to escape?"

Snapping his finger, the floating Jar began to pour endless water into the already filled jar. Strangely enough, it seemed that some force was preventing the water inside of the jar from overflowing. Soon, cracking noises could be heard from the pot.

Bang! After a loud noise, the jar broke into pieces spreading water all over the table. Its parts scattered about the floor randomly.

Surprised and more enlightened Feng Yu blurted out "Ah! So that's how it is! No wonder those bloodline warriors didn't overthrow my----" as if realizing his mistake, he quickly rephrased his statement, "My... my idea of the world in the past..."

"Eh!" a confused expression appeared on Feng Junling's face. He looked at Feng Yu's face carefully, but then he paid no more attention and continued to speak.

"That's right. Mystical Techniques are from a similar source of power that increases the power of the blood that exists within the hosts of its practice. Because of this, it will not do bloodline cultivators any good, seeing as we can already summon our prestige through our powerful bloodline. Doing so would cause a conflict between both forces. This would prove to be rather catastrophic. It is because of this that Ancient War Saints Clans and Minor War Heritage Clans keep up with our Bloodline Lineages."