Chapter 186 - The Devouring Thunder Sword Arts!

Want to support? Visit any of the sites below to read the full series:

Read on My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Read on my Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7BVPSD

*****

This scene was a quiet one, though familiar to most in this world, it was a view that could only regularly be experienced by those wielding a particular scale of wealth or merely those with a bad case of luck. Batches of coarsely dressed men and women surrounding a large carriage whose members much unlike those commonly caught by such a fate, remaining at ease as they gazed at their surroundings indifferently.

This bunch was a famous group even amongst those of the lesser class bandits within the Golden Dragon Empire, the Black Gale Bandits - a group despite its fundamental low nature was no different from a genuine nightmare to those living within these parts.

These people gazed at the individuals who sat and stood within the proximity of the carriage with looks of greed as they swept their eyes across their garments as well as the quality Scarlet Huff Horses used to haul the wagon. Their clothing making flapping noises as it swayed slightly due to the mist's ghostly winds, as a spooky set of wails could be heard from these gloomy surroundings.

Although most of them were fearful of the myriad of 'rumors' that haunted this region, their lust for wealth and power had easily thwarted any thought or internal logic.

Suddenly, the leader of these bandits walked forwards standing at the front of this group which now surrounded the carriage, his figure coming to a stop at a distance of 10 meters as he glanced at the lion-faced and tiger stripped women with a hint of surprise as he muttered, "Beastflok?" After staring at them for a while, he then swept his eyes across the roof of the carriage noting the dwarfin that was currently preoccupied with its palms. Upon gleaning the overall situation, the bandit leader now had a greater look of confidence on his face, his eyes shining in a fierce light as he gazed at the silent blue haired coachman and spoke, "Step down from the carriage and hand over everything you have! Do so now, and I might spare your lives but if you fail to comply then..."

As the bandit leader spoke to here, his eyes gleamed brutally as he reached for a large two-handed sword on his back; his muscles bulging as he swung it from side to side before plunging it in the ground before him.

Bang! The earth broke easily as a strand of dust rose to the air, not long after the dust faded, revealing the now perfectly vertical sword plunged deep into the earth; its edge now gleaming with a sharp and baleful light.

As the lights from the sword reflected in the eyes of the bandit leader, he glared at the carriage members in silence as if he had already expressed his meaning.

"Hahaha! You better listen quickly for the leader doesn't like to speak twice!" One bandit said as he licked the tip of his daggers.

"Come out and hand over your treasures!" A fierce looking woman said as she glared at the carriage.

As the bandits continued to jeer at the carriage members, the blue-haired coachman was finally lifted his head, causing bright blue eyes to shine in a strange light.

"Heh! Bandits, should I handle them for you Young Master..." Dai Lin said while licking his lips, his eyes gleaming with a slight amount of battle lust as he gauged the levels of these opponents.

"Na, I've been sitting for a while, I could use the exercise. Plus, I also need to familiarize myself with this new skill..." A voice said as the cloaked figure of Feng Yu soon after appeared at the front of the carriage.