Chapter 183 - Miren's Circumstances? Feng Yu's Decision

Want to support? Visit any of the sites below to read the full series:

Read on My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Read on my Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7BVPSD

*****

The mood within the large room of the inn was a peculiar one, as everyone looked at Miren Fei with curious looks on their faces as they calmly awaited her tale. Feng Yu calmly looked at her with red colored eyes that gleamed in a cool light as he thought to himself, "Not dead? It seems that there was more going on that I could have ever imagined. If her situation is so complex, then what of Lang Kuang's?" He pondered as his eyes inadvertently swept across Lang Kuang who was also looking at Miren Fei with deep eyes.

Dai Lin who had been the one to interact the most with them during his past training sessions was also surprised, he tapped the center of his forehead with his index finger as his blue eyes flickered for a moment as he thought, "I've done my research, all facts lead to the rumor of her father's death by bandits, even she herself had fully believed it. Yet now she is showing me a different vibe as if all the things she's said prior to this wasn't based on any grounds, how strange..."

All of the other members of Dawnwing had chosen to remain in silence, each with their own thoughts regarding the current scene, but Myria and Leon had a different outlook, they both looked at each other silently as they fixed their eyes back onto Miren Fei awaiting her next words.

As she saw that she had gotten their full attention, Miren Fei sighed slightly as gripped her fist, her eyes flickering in a reminiscent light as she spoke once more, "I don't know why, but it's like this..." Her words sounding across the silent room as the scene descended into her earlier memory.

∞∞∞

It was within the Ancient Dragon Battlefield, a region filled with a variety of towering ancient trees, their branches grew tall stretching across a broad view of verdant vineyards and lush hedges. The flavorful scent of colorful spiritual roses painting a magical scenery, in this wildly majestic forestland.

"Roar!" Yet, despite its beauty, the dangers of the surroundings could not be ignored. The cries from vicious creatures known as force beasts along with the battle shouts from natives resounded across the area, as added a further layer of untamed wildness to this dense forestry.

"Pull it over here! Don't let it attack our core!" A strong female voice said.

"Yes elder!" The unison shouts of a crowd soon after resounded as a group of silhouettes could be seen shuffling back and forth through the dense shrubberies and tall trees. They were a nimble bunch, fast enough to barely leave behind a remnant shade to the untrained eye as they shuffled through the wilds like the favored pets of the forests. Yet, despite their innate gifts, they were still mostly outclassed by the creature with which they were confronting.

"Roar!" A loud savage roar once more sounded as the vicious creature soon after appeared from the top of a tall tree branch. It was a humongous snake, one that was no smaller than a few hundred meters; its colorful stripes filling it with a noble prestige as its bright golden eyes glared at the beings below it with a malicious look.

Swish! Suddenly, this snake had moved, its body flickering like rays of light as it twisted through the variety of large branches and shuffled through the grasses, battling the struggling beings.

Boom! Boom! The world shook, as they shockwaves from various attacks collided with each other, the groups of nimble figures using a variety ancient weapons, fists and palm techniques to counter this snake's movement, sending some bright rays of energies towards the body of the snake.