Chapter 37 - The Mystery Pavilion

Read on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7912KX

****

Inside the Feng Mansion, within the guest hall.

Feng Yu looked at the jade slip in front of him in shock, as his hands started to tremble when he inspected the list of items shown in the catalog for the Mystery Pavilion's Auction. He then looked towards Hui Ying with a questioning gaze as he asked, "Brother Ying, is the information on this list real? Where did you get this information from?"

Hui Ying smiled mysteriously as he replied, "It's a secret! Let's just say I had to do a little bit of snooping around."

"Good! If that's so, then this Auction should prove to be very interesting. Brother Ying! Let's cheers to a successful tomorrow," Feng Yu shouted excitedly as he down his liquor.

"Haha! May we have a triumphant day of treasure hauling," Hui Ying responded excitedly as he also downed his liquor.

"Hmm, how strange... why did Aunt Xingyu not give me a list? Could it be that she had also forgotten to acquire one?" Thought Feng Yu as he looked through his window towards his Aunt's courtyard.

******

Inside a private room, with a prominent pub.

A young man sat around a counter with a voluptuous woman seated on the opposing side, the atmosphere in the pub was a pleasant one as various individuals indulged themselves in night-time activities. However, his current mood was a sour one as he grasped his forehead with his hand and tapped it repeatedly with his finger.

Sou! A man in black soon appeared within the private room. It was an ordinary looking man with no unique features.

"How did it go? Was there any luck trying to get in?" Xuan Bei asked.

"Reporting to the Young Master, the operation was a failure as we were interrupted by individuals from a strange force," The man in black responded.

"Strange Force? There's another force separate from the ones known?" The young man asked puzzledly.

"Affirmative, but this force is different they appear to be moving for a different purpose," The man in black once more replied.

"Damn! How could this happen? Sigh, I understand, go give this the captain for our losses I am the one to be blamed," Xuan Bei said in a defeated tone as he tossed a token towards the man in black.

"By Young Masters will." The man in black replied before vanishing into thin air.

"Bei Child, do not fret over the unknown. We may have underestimated the powers gathered at the ancient site, but it does us no good to forget our next task at hand," Madam Xuan said as she spoke in a comforting tone while passing a piece of parchment towards Xuan Bei.

Pat! After receiving the parchment and inspecting it Xuan Bei's downed mood instantly turned for the better. Shortly, a determine light shone from the depths of his eyes, as he gripped the parchment firmly while staring at Madam Xuan.

"We must get the item on this by any means necessary!" He said looked out the window of his private room.

A similar scene could be seen playing out at many private and exclusive locations within Machen Town, as various individuals began to pay attention to an unknown group that seemed to have been interfering with their goals.

Soon, however, they each started to pay attention towards a common direction. A place shielded in multiple layers of mystery with its origins unknown and untraceable, even to the numerous powerful influences in the most distant of lands.