Chapter 39 - The Auction Begins

Read on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7912KX

****

Within the Mystery Pavilion, Inside the Auction Room.

It was a lively scene as many individuals swarmed towards their numbered seats while talking amongst themselves about the auction that was about to begin. The noble women from prestigious families argued with their husbands as the strange and mysterious characters kept calm, observing the auction platform for the moment of change. If one were to look at the scene from a top-down perspective, they would notice that the individuals who resided at the top layers remained in complete silence compared to the lively scene shown at the lowest layer.

"Hmph! Nothing but a bunch of insects!" An influential figure from the top layer said as looked towards the ground layer with disdain.

A few other figures seated to his side looked on with similar expressions as if they did not put those below them in their very sights.

Time flew by quickly as now everyone that had wanted to attend the auction had already turned out in full attendance, the seats were filled with colorful characters each with their own unique style of wear. As these individuals were about to get restless, there was a sudden change on the central exhibition platform.

Tick! The lights in the room were dulled and a single central spotlight illuminated the central exhibition platform, shortly following which a strange character appeared. It was a man dressed in odd clothing standing at the center of the stage.

He wore a white magic hat with a question mark on its surface as a strange white mask covered his face. His clothing worn was of a type of ancient formal wear that was completely white with a small group black squares decorated across his trousers in a unique pattern, within his right hand was a purely white cane with no unique fluctuation or aura of any kind.

Inside of the private betting booth, Feng Yu, Dai Lin, and Hui Ying looked on at this strange individual in puzzlement, as they pondered to themselves what kind of individual could this man possibly be?

As if sharing their same thoughts and emotions the betters had all became silent as they looked towards the man at the center of the stage.

The strange man seeing that everyone on the scene was now quiet finally moved, he placed his left hand out to the audience as he twirled the white cane in his other hand, then he brought both his hands together at the front of his chest gripping the handle of the white cane slamming its end towards the stage floor.

Slam! "Greetings dear guests, it's me~!" The strange man said in a melodious pitch.

"White~Mask! It's an honor to be serving as your auctioneer today!" WhiteMask said as a vague hint of humor was barely visible in his eyes.

"WhiteMask!" A top layer character shouted in surprise as he heard the name.

"Why would such an elusive character be here?" A robust looking figure who sat beside Madam Xuan and Xuan Bei asked.

"So, he was actually related to the Mystery Pavilion! It's no wonder..." Hui Ying said as he started to ponder about something.

Feng Yu seated beside him felt curious, he looked towards Hui Ying and asked, "Brother Ying, who is this WhiteMask character?"

Dai Lin seated nearby couldn't help but gain an interest he also looked towards Hui Ying.

"Eh? Brother Yu has never heard the name of this famous character before?" Hui Ying replied as he looked towards Feng Yu with slight confusion.