Chapter 104: Death's Floor, Shocking the Prisoners!

Join my discord to keep updated and see all information regarding the series(wiki)
:

https://discord.gg/ffVV7cV

Want to support Dual Sword God? Want more chapters? Join me on Patreon by following the link below:

www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

****

The walls were damp, as trickles of water flowed down their surface. The chilly ventilated winds that traveled from the upper grounds sweeping its way across the quiet hallways of this grim prison rustling the hairs of the special patrolling guards, as well as the prisoners locked behind their cells.

The guards were vigilant, as they carefully and adeptly patrolled each cell leaving no stones unturned. If mice were here, even they would find it hard to hide within these halls as the grounds smooth-glossy rock-like surface can reflect even the dimmest of lights that were keen to even the blindest of fiends.

As the guards from this level continued their rounds, deep below the depths of the fifth floor and beyond were a few darker prison blocks, each which held an assortment of native beings belonging to the various lands.

Further down below these floors was the fabled 9th floor, a prison block which held the most dangerous among natives which were each sealed in maximum security cells. They say that all guards who patrolled this floor have never once returned, as despite being sealed, the prisoners here had means beyond that of ordinary natives.

Hence this floor's unfortunate name becoming known as Death's Floor...

A red-haired fiend with two unusual swords on his back wore his cyan colored armor with pride, the edges of his masquerade-like helmet glimmering in bright blue lights as it shrouded most of his face from all to see.

A strange look in his eyes as he patrolled the prison hallways of Death's Floor, eyes that gleamed in a curious, thoughtful light rather than the sharpness belong to ordinary guards. His steps paused before a deserted hallway with a few dried-up bloodstains of unknown years on the once glossy floors.

Here, an arrangement of individual cells laid before his eyes, from left to right all the way towards a single isolated cell block at their direct center. A small orb hovered at the center above these cells giving a strange kind of sensation as it pulsated irregularly.

"I've found you... I wonder, how hard will it be to earn this one's co-operation..." Feng Yu muttered silently as he slowly made his way towards the isolate cellblock ignoring the natives that were eyeing him from the cells.

What remained odd, however, was that these natives didn't carry a look of fear or contempt, but rather, a gaze of arrogance that hid a hint of ridicule as they saw the direction Feng Yu headed.

"You should be careful, he... won't be easy to persuade..." Jing Mingyun said with her spiritual sense.

"Oh, well this should be interesting. I'll be sure to remember, also, I wasn't certain before but since I know that you have knowledge of this place. How do I go about freeing them?" Feng Yu replied with his spiritual sense.

"Hmm, that's simple these cells each have an odd mechanism in place. While my strength is injured at its core and I won't be able to fight, I can still materialize my True Soul for a few breaths of time to break their seals..." Jing Mingyun replied.

"Really? Then that makes this much easier, hmm, there's only one more problem, even though I was assigned to be the only one to guard these bunch there is no certainty that no other guards will not come here, can you keep an eye out for me?" Feng Yu responded in a happy tone.