Chapter 15 - The Path of Swords

The Path of Swords was an endless sight to behold, stretching far away in the distance, beyond what the eyes could see. There were floating swords of varying sizes, scattered about at the sides with a pressuring sword aura flowing from within them, causing the gravity within the pathway to keep growing stronger and stronger at every pace taken further along its course.

Feng Yu felt as if he was walking towards the core of the world. Beads of sweat were rolling off his forehead. With every step taken along the path, there were visible impressions shown on the surface of the solid ground.

"Huff! Huff! The further I go, the stronger it gets, I have to give it my all to keep standing, and I've only just managed to reach the distance of 35 kilometers." Feng Yu complained while looking at the vast stretch of road paved out in front of him.

Feng Yu had currently cleared the requirements for being accepted as a true challenger of the path having crossed the first 10 kilometers. However, due to him not feeling satisfied by having only gained acceptance, he continued to push himself onward in hopes of not only testing his limit but striving to receive the great reward. At his current distance, the gravity pressure in the field was already more than ten times its usual amount. Even crawling in this phase of the trial itself would be considered a rare feat for someone still at Body Training realm.

As the transparent form observed Feng Yu's distant struggling form, a strange light shone within the eye. It muttered to itself, "Hmm, not bad! But, if you want a great surprise, it will take a whole lot more than what you can currently achieve."

∞∞∞

Time couldn't be told inside the path of swords, as everything within this space seemed to remain in a constant state. Feng Yu had already been struggling onwards for about ten days now, and because of moving for so long, his body was already reaching the point of complete exhaustion. However, his struggling proved not to be in vain as he has traveled a distance of 45 kilometers.

In the distant misty region of the path, there was a vague cyan glowing light in the shape of a sword; as if it was taunting his efforts it hovered silently in the distance. Looking closely, many more swords of its kind were also brightly shining, however, due to their scope, they could hardly be seen.

"Huff! Finally! The first checkpoint is visible; If I can make this point, I would have already cleared the first challenge earning a Fundamental Sword Skill. I've already wasted ten days I can't afford to waste any more time here." Wiping the sweat off his forehead, Feng Yu was now feeling a bit more excited than tired. He pushed more energy into his already exhausted body and sped forward struggling to endure the pressure of his surroundings.

After two more days, in front of Feng Yu, the hovering sword glowing in white appeared. Standing before the hovering sword, Feng Yu pondered, "Hmmm, I wonder what kind of Fundamental Sword Skill this sword will give me."

Shortly the mysterious voice could be heard once again "Oh! Not too bad! To make it here with only 12 days of hard work, while you may not have been the best challenger I've seen to take this challenge. Your talent isn't necessarily too far off from those previous challenger's."

"There were others before me? I wonder; who were those individuals? Could they be...?" As Feng Yu heard this, he began to recall the scene of corpses he passed by and became a bit frightened.

Quickly though, he cleared his mind of those thoughts and looked towards the floating sword. He curiously asked, "Senior, which technique would I be receiving for traveling this far."

"Technique? HAHAHA! No little one, one must learn to walk before they try to run, as a beginner of the sword, you can only start by building a firm foundation of Sword Skills."